Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
I have it from a very good source that the "beta 2" of Canola will be with us hopefully 10 days from now.

I have been fortunate to be provided tonight, with links to a new Canola 2 Beta "teaser" web site. I have provided the links to Flash and HTML version of site (with down loadable Videos) which illustrate latest capabilities within a short blog post titled Canola 2 Beta, only 10 Days from Launch!

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-12-02 at 23:17.

That link didn't work for me.
However this does http://mikesl300i.blogspot.com/2007/...om-launch.html
Here's the site http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/index2.html

I'm wondering if this will coincide with the release of Os2008 for the N800?

Thanks, fixed my link too.

---edit---- the direct link you provided to Canola beta 2 above does not work well on the Internet tablets as it's Flash based to demonstrate Canola beta 2 features. In my blog I have also posted a link to html version of website with downloadable videos ;-)

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-12-03 at 01:01.

looks very nice!

See, I don't get the point of these countdowns. If its done, then release it. If its not done, why bother limit yourself on the amount of time you have to make it better?

Originally Posted by Beni View Post
See, I don't get the point of these countdowns. If its done, then release it. If its not done, why bother limit yourself on the amount of time you have to make it better?
Sometimes, making a public commitment helps people focus. They know they must be ready in ten days.

(HURRY UP - YOU ONLY HAVE TEN DAYS!)

well, I for one, believe its great that the Canola team are working towards a delivery of a major overhaul of an existing media player application which can benifit all users of Nokia Internet Tablets (Nokia 770, N800 & N810, OS 2006, 2007 & 2008)

I don't belive the Canola team have commited to a deadline lightly, they have explained already that the first release of beta 2 will NOT contain everything they had hoped for Christmas. (clear roadmap of updates in New Year)

I see nothing wrong with hyping up Canola to promote the Nokia Internet tablets ability to work with both open and closed elements of software. For me who purchased a Nokia 770, its very hearting to see the growth in software on these devices as they develop that will still work on earliest in range (Maemo Mapper, MPlayer are good examples)!

BTW Has anyone else noticed from the web teaser that it seems we will ultimately be getting a UPnP Media Server in addition to player with Canola beta 2? (note server icon)

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-12-03 at 00:49.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@beni : Sorry if this bothers you but our target is really to place a "brief" of what's going to be and the countdown is just a tool to show that we are almost there. As any application (I think apart from blizzard incredible games) we do also have " deadlines" that sometimes are quite solid, and this is one. So as Mike said, that's why we are going to have less features then expected, but in other way we are going to have public roadmap, and so on.

And, it's really not done =) and this one will REALLY be a beta at december 12th, the only difference is that we wanted to do closed beta with our closer friends from Canola 1 beta testing, but with this deadline, I think everyone will test at the same time. And that's what we need : testing / feedback. We are faster now, and the fixes (apart from being Christmas) will come quite fast this time.

So, it's just a teaser while we finish the complete website, and the launch date is dec 12th =)

BR

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
saw the teaser, its pretty cool. right now my favorite is UKMP because of its easy navigation and its cover art (very iPod Touch). and KAGU's UI is so year ago. im glad Canola's UI is fresh and looks very attractive. cant wait to use it, thanks Canola guys!

I just hope it supports tagged album art unlike all of the players, its ridiculous to me to have to deal with downloaded art that isn't usually matched all that well anyway, when it already exists in the files.