Hello,

I am having serious troubles getting my n810 upgraded to the latest OS2008 upgrade. It took 3 days to download the update! And it took 20 minutes, the previous update only took 2 minutes! Anyone know what is up?

Also, it used to take no time to get the full repository updates, so I can add software to the n810 (like pidgin) but now the Application Manager does not find all the repositories, and half the packages are corrupted on download. Specifically pidgin, and a few others.

What is up with the Nokia/Maemo repository sites?

Best regards,
Edward

Just way to many people hammering away at the servers and no extra capacity added on servers for the upgrade deluge.

That would by my guess.

I will try again in a few days or later in January, but is very frustrating.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I'am wondering why Nokia haven't made a statement about ongoing server problems. Why is it so hard to admit that their servers sucks. People are getting pissed off.

So is this the cause of the "corrupted installation file" response I'm getting when trying to install some apps? Notably, pidgin and mapper give me this error every time.

Last edited by bexley; 2007-12-21 at 16:26.

No need to try in January. Try now. I'm downloading as we speak and it's super fast. Better hurry before others find out and start hammering the site with installs instead of OS2008.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by bexley View Post
So is this the cause of the "corrupted installation file" response I'm getting when trying to install some apps? Notably, pidgin and mapper give me this error every time.
The problem is that there have been multiple problems and they aren't all related to the limited bandwidth from the repos.

For example, Maemo Extra's is reporting this back for any file you try to download:

The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvinience it may cause.
So when App Manager tries to get a deb file from there like say Quiver:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...19-1_armel.deb

That's what gets sent to it... neat...

Last edited by Moonshine; 2007-12-21 at 18:30.

Using my PC, I get this when browse to http://repository.maemo.org/extras/d...el/Packages.gz
"The service is temporarily unavailable. We are very sorry for the inconvinience it may cause."

I guess this is why gzip returns an error which is interpreted as a corrupt file.

http://repository.maemo.org/extras/d...armel/Packages is a zero byte file.

Who can reupload these files???

But my tablet actually seems to go through the process of downloading, for instance, the ~9mb Canola 2 file and then tells me it's corrupt.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
try this...no difference with the real one, I swear that!

What's going on with the maemo repos? For almost all applications it keeps telling me that the files are corrupt. Is there anything I can do to install the apps? I'am on N810 OS2008 final.