Active Topics

Hi!

Just got my N800, and I have the same problems as many others here: the power on issue. The only way I can turn mine on is by having the charger connected and the charging status icon lit up in the centre of the screen.

This in turn, means I cannot update to OS2008?! Because the wizard says I should make sure the device is turned off and the charger is disconnected before connecting to the computer via USB. Well, if I do so I cannot start it again, as mentioned above.

If I have the N800 on and connect in to the computer via USB, then Windows finds it and two new removable disks are shown in "My Computer". But then if I run the Wizard it won't find my device...

Moment 22?

Cheers!

//boo

Hi, just my first message here, although I've been wandering here for quite some time now.

I have a N810 and the first days mine runs just fine but, after make the upgrade to 50-2 it begun to have the power on/off issue. Now, I've fixed it downgrading and upgrading it again and trying all the advises around this forum. I've made some power on power off cycles without a problem. Don't know if the problem will return but...

Well, I had the same problem you're having now. I resolved it this way:

- Plug in the charger
- Pulg in the USB
- Run the Wizard till the moment it asks for the IT trying to recognize it
- Now, with the two cables plugged in shut down the tablet using the console. You need to be root user (look for becomeroot in this forum, the repository is Eko.pl One, but you can find the .deb around here without having to use the repositories). Once you're root type "shutdown now" (without the quotes) then the tablet will shutdown and the usb icon will appear. You must unplug the charger at that moment and then run the wizard normally.

It can take you two or three trys to do.

Hope that helps you, that's the way I've done it two times (for downgrading and for upgrading it again).

He, hope my english is at least understandable

Oh, it suddenly worked! I had both the charger and the USB connected and there it was, the icon in the upper right corner! Disconnected the charger and then the update went flawlessly!
OS2008 works great so far, even if I still have the power-on problem...
Thanks anyway!

//Boo