Active Topics

Hello!
does anybody know a way how to implement such functionality on nokia?

It will be really great ability for them, who will keep mobile in pocket and work just with n8x0, especially while driving a car...

The Following User Says Thank You to mi_ko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ France
I'm interresting too

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
it's the project i have applied to get a N810 discount.
the project should be available in a couple of weeks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iancumihai For This Useful Post:
Ok cool Thanks

sounds good...
i've been wonderinng whether this was possible too.

i'll an eye on this thread.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
It would just be great!!!

- Answer your Skype calls on your N8x0
- Answer your Gizmo or SIP calls on your N8x0
- Answer your cellphone calls through your N8x0 (as a handsfree tool)

On the other hand it is possible to pair it as an input/output sound device... but for some reason it does not work. It pairs with my MacBook, and my Mac recognizes it as an input and output BT sound device, but nothing else happens... My N800 shows the headset connected icon (with my computer name on it)

BTW, anyone knows if there's a way to DIAL through your N8x0 and use your cell phone connection (NOT INTERNET, just "regular" mobile service) to make calls?? I mean like dialing 911 in your N8x0 and your mobile "receiving the 911" and dialing again... just like voice dialing on a BT headset, but only with keys...

Originally Posted by yegaoo View Post
It would just be great!!!

- Answer your Skype calls on your N8x0
- Answer your Gizmo or SIP calls on your N8x0
- Answer your cellphone calls through your N8x0 (as a handsfree tool)

On the other hand it is possible to pair it as an input/output sound device... but for some reason it does not work. It pairs with my MacBook, and my Mac recognizes it as an input and output BT sound device, but nothing else happens... My N800 shows the headset connected icon (with my computer name on it)

BTW, anyone knows if there's a way to DIAL through your N8x0 and use your cell phone connection (NOT INTERNET, just "regular" mobile service) to make calls?? I mean like dialing 911 in your N8x0 and your mobile "receiving the 911" and dialing again... just like voice dialing on a BT headset, but only with keys...
The dialing and SMS can be done with PhoneLink. You can grab it from maemo.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james415 For This Useful Post:
Can anyone confirm whether this application ACTUALLY WORKS????

connects and then immediately disconnects on my phone and it appears that this is the case with everyone. I've heard no confirmation form ANYONE that this application works under os2008 so please can anyone confirm if they have got it working and how.

I've also tried Cellphone Tool, which would appear to have more functionality than phonelink, however it is awaiting the Gnokii plugin.

leoni1980, I have the same problem with phonelink, I have find a working gnokii binary on google, but this change nothing, I the .gnokiirc, a file seems to be needed, /usr/sbin/gnokiid, I havn't it...this is maybe while the app doesn't work...?

phonelink does not work for me as well (n800 with os2008) :-(