Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
My n800(os2008) run out of full power in less than 8 hours

Screen and keys were locked (and I'm sure that they stay locked). Standard media player and rss reader was launched, but do nothing (I mean the playing was stopped).
It happened yesterday and today. I use it as before, so it is very strange.

Any ideas?

One thing just come to my mind: I instaled FreeCiv few days ago, and theoretically can make some memory leak when I close it. But no processes like freeciv are stay after closing, and cpu/mem levels are low (according to appliation that shows cpu/mem in tray).

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Something that I've noticed is that the standard RSS reader seems to be collecting updates even though you haven' invoked the reader yet.

Could it be possible that this application is behind the power drain issues?

I have the same problem ; I suspect it's since I restore backup from OS2008beta...
I'll reflash today to see if it's better.

My guess it is about leaving the radios running. I have found mine dies in a variable period of time, less than a day, unless I pop the power button and then choose Offline mode before I set it down. In offline mode, it will continue to run for several days when not actively used. My experience has also been that if it have bluetooth running, say to connect with a gps, the N800 battery is only good for about 2 hours.

Is this experience similar to others?

By the way, for some traveling I am a about to do, I just got a handy little outboard battery pack from proporta.com. It looks like an ipod and has a 3400 mH battery in it and can charge the nokia from empty a couple of times. Extends battery life nicely.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
It's usually RSS. The wifi radio is incredibly efficient (I leave mine on all the time and get about 2 days idle).

Same problem for me, usually it remain alive for just 7/8 hours. Disabling bluetooth, and wireless doens't seems to improve much, the battery is nearly dead at 18h00 (Unpluged at 10h00)

I'm running openssh btw.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
Ok, I've solved my problem

It was new wlan access point (near my work), and n800 was configured to connect to wlan automaticaly, that means that it open a window (with list of available networks) and then just search new available connections every 15 seconds... that sucks... power... all power and quite fast.

So disabling autofind wlan solve this problem.

It could also be a problem of swap file :
http://tabletblog.com/2008/01/lost-b...-try-this.html

"...removed and recreated the swap file. Initially, that did not work. I don't know why. I finally resized the swap file to 64MB, then expanded it back to 128MB. This worked..."