Anyone having a problem downloading any apps? I just reflashed os2008 and I can't download anything. It's giving me a failed error message everything it downloads the app.

It is likely that your internal memory card needs to be reformatted. I was having a similar problem, and found some helpful ideas in this thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=12607

Based on information there, I hooked my N810 up to the USB on my Linux laptop and typed "mkdosfs /dev/sdb1" to reformat it. I could then reinstall apps. Note that the card cannot be mounted on your laptop when you do this, so you must unmount it first if an automounter mounts it. You should also copy anything you want to save from the card first, as the mkdosfs basically completely reformats the card and destroys all existing data on it.

This worked for me. Good luck!

Or just hook the n810 to a windows system and reformat when it pops up...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Montpellier/France
I had a similar problem. Because of an obscure reason, the FAT file-system had defects and the N810 OS was mounting it as read-only, thus causing software problems.
I fixed that by NOT applying the usual Windows I-format-and-reinstall-the-system method, but by fixing the FAT file-system: mounted the device using USB link from a GNU/Linux system and used fsck.vfat to fix the FAT. I presume this operation could be performed from within Windows too, but wonder why people here do always tell people to reformat? That sounds a bit rude - of course, there might be situations where reformatting is necessary, but IMHO this should be done in last resort.

Interesting fixes and to think that all I had to do was "clear device" in the control panel to and it fixed itself. I guess the easiest fix is to just "clear device" even after reapplying the latest OS update to fix the "read only file system" issue.

How do you get around 'enter lock code'?

Problem solved..

Can someone please post how to get around the "Enter lock code" to allow me to clear the device? Thanks!

Found this on Nokia support site. Unlock code is either 12345 or 1234. If you enter wrong code three times, you need to wait 15 minutes before you re-attempt. "12345" worked for me.

Originally Posted by haelios77 View Post
Anyone having a problem downloading any apps? I just reflashed os2008 and I can't download anything. It's giving me a failed error message everything it downloads the app.
Applications from install files can be downloaded to PC first and than to your tablet.
My friend is working on workabout for those installing applications in off-wifi mode.

Darius