I've just noticed in the Application Manager that Gnumeric is now available for installation on my N810. I'm sure I only listed all the OS2008 Repositories from:

http://Gronmayer.com/it

Some how it downloads completely and tries to install, but halfway through the install it says installation cannot be completed?

Even though it didn't complete the installation, I opened up the program anyways and it opened. I can open up spreadsheets I made in Excel, but cannot edit them. I think it's becasue it didn't finish the install. At least I can access some information I have saved in Excel for the time being.

Anyone else seen this in Application manager?

Any Insights?

Open up the install log and see what it says - reprint here if necessary. I insstalled on an 800 w/OS 2008 without a problem.

K.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
I've been running it about a month on my N810.
Forgot where I got it from though.
PLEASE use the Wiki

There is conflict with Xournal I bet you are running into. More info can be found here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=12774&page=9
check out message 82

The Following User Says Thank You to rone For This Useful Post:
Thanks rone, it was xournal that kept Gnumeric from installing. There is a conflict somewhere and I wouldn't be the person to ask. Once Xournal was unistalled, I could install Gnumeric, but the program or parts of it has some quirks. I had a column of numbers ranging from 1-30 and it showed as exponetial numbers. Also, on some cells that contained time, some showed up as 12:00 AM and some showed up as exponetials. What could be the problem? BTW, the excel file is saved in Excel 2002 format if that has anything to do with it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited by litesabre; 2008-01-25 at 23:59.

Originally Posted by litesabre View Post
Thanks rone, it was xournal that kept Gnumeric from installing. There is a conflict somewhere and I wouldn't be the person to ask. Once Xournal was unistalled, I could install Gnumeric, but the program or parts of it has some quirks. I had a column of numbers ranging from 1-30 and it showed as exponetial numbers. Also, on some cells that contained time, some showed up as 12:00 AM and some showed up as exponetials. What could be the problem? BTW, the excel file is saved in Excel 2002 format if that has anything to do with it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
You will find info about the formatting problem here. http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=11882 They are know issues and will hopefully be solved soon. I wish I had the skills to help solve them but I don't.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by rone View Post
You will find info about the formatting problem here. http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=11882 They are know issues and will hopefully be solved soon. I wish I had the skills to help solve them but I don't.
You can get around the cell format issue by saving the spreadsheet in .gnumeric format, NOT EXCEL, on the PC Gnumeric (1.7.12) and transfer back to the tablet, info here, maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/kernel_guide_for_maemo.html.

I have been working on spreadsheet using the tablet or the PC whenever/wherever. As long as the last edit that was worked on on a PC, I just have to remember to use the PC gnumeric and save on gnumeric format.

Hope this helps in waiting for the next version

bun

bump!

I'm having trouble finding gnumeric for 2008. Can someone point me to the correct repository for it?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: woot! found it!

Last edited by midwinter; 2008-05-02 at 06:17.

Hi All,
Newbie here! I am trying to install gnumeric, mapper, mdictionary and others and am getting exactly the same error for all:

Unable to install gnumeric
Conflict with application packages: libossomime0(<1.8.5)
hildon-libs0
hildon-fm1
lobgnomeprintui2.2-0(<2.12)

As I say, I am a total newbie to this so would like some explicit guidance here.

Thanking you all in advance.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Which OS and from which repo?