So I recently got my Invisible Shield screen protector but I messed up the application so there are several air bubbles (that definantly don't fall under the micro bubbles category). I want to remove it and reapply but I can't seem to grasp the edges to pull it off..Any suggestions?

Edit: Wound up using the stylus to pull up enough of it so I could grab it (ironically it required me using the stylus on the screen itself). Though I think I scratched it a bit when trying to force those air bubbles out from before.. so we'll see after the 24 hr period.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-01-25 at 20:05.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Toronto, ON Canada
have you tried putting some form of tape on the screen protector and then yanking it off the screen? I do that with my disposable screen protectors.

I recently decided to re-align my screen protector and I ended up using a razor blade from a safety razor. Works great, just align the blade along an edge and gently nudge an end under one of the protector's corners and lift it enough to be able to grab it and do the rest with your finger. Worked great for me and left no marks at all.

Another method would be to stick a piece of tape or sticky tac to one of the corners and then lift it off, this method will probably leave some residue on the protector though.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Snohomish, WA
I've used the Shield screen protector products before on a couple of cellphones and here are my observations:

1) Giant pain in the butt to put on, what with spraying the soap solution and the hellish time of trying to avoid bubbles, real nightmare.

2) The screen protector is not scratch proof. I tried their little key trick on my old smt5600 cellphone and had permanent marks on the protector. Sure the phone screen was fine, but the divots in the protector were not fun too look at.

3) Absurdly overpriced. Bestskinsever.com sell the exact same product for about 1/5 the price though I don't think they have them for Nxxx products.

4) Switched to silicon based protectors (screenpatronus on ebay is great), which use a silicon layer instead of an adhesive to attach (try pulling of a shieldzone product after a few weeks....holy crap its hard to get off, and the mess it leaves on the screen...). Got 3 for ~$11 and they go on super easy, no bubbles, can be removed and washed, and the work great with a touchscreen.

Almost forgot. It's no longer shieldzone, but zagg for the overpriced annoying to apply screen protectors (if you really enjoy pain and suffering)

Last edited by znutar; 2008-01-29 at 02:02.

Yeah, the screen protector is a little scratched up from when I was trying to force the air bubbles out. Not that bad when the backlight is seen, but noticable when off or in the sunlight (and it doesn't do that great a job of being anti-glare).

I'm a bit worried about what you said regarding removing it later on and it leaving a mess on the screen though. Since I may replace the screen protector later on.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi,
I need to do exactly what the title suggests just it is for some cheap sticky crap. First, when it didn't go well which i realized half way during installation, I could feel it adhesing very tightly and hard to remove but still gave a second try and this time it was quite late and there is an ugly bubble almost visible all the time at the right side of the screen and guess what, I just cant take the protector off now as all the edges are so tightly attached. Now whatever I open my eyes are, at all times, starring this ugly b*****d. So, any suggestions would be reallly really appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
I had couple of bubbles after applying the screen protector, but it dissappeared after 3 days of normal use. If the bubbles are new i suggest you to give it 3 or 4 days and if possible keep the phone in a warm place overnight.

The Following User Says Thank You to pisthpeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
remove it and apply a new one on. to remove it is easy. first take the battery out and wet your hand. and apply some drops of soap water to the edge of the screenprotector and then use your finger nail scrabbing it up. when you got it out enough to peel then just spray some soap water to the area and start peeling slowly while applying more soap water on the trail to stop it from sticking back to the screen.

peel it off then apllying new one on. the best way to do this is to peel the screen protector off the paper underneath it and dip it into soap water in a steam bathroom.

why?
because steam stop dust from flying into the screen while applying.

clean the screen and apply the soapy screen protector. align it until it is right. use a squeechy or credit card or any card to swipe out the water. dip the card in the soapy water to prevent scratch.

get the micro fibre cloth to wipe the exceeding water. leave the device to dry or use fan/hair drier to dry it for faster result. but don't heat it up. just warm air would do.

good luck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridge UK
Or spend 3 pounds on 7 of these:

http://tinyurl.com/yh8c52c

And kiss goodbye to all that watery sticky bubbly annoyance..

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
As I said it has the sticky part like in sticky tap and unlike others whichI've previously bought and it's attached damn hard but thanks for the quick tips guys I'll definitely try and update this post with my result.