Active Topics

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Can anyone make any sense of this?
  • The OS2008's Google Talk "Contacts" tool runs fine on my N800 when I'm on my home WLAN
  • The Google Talk aplication (not gadget) runs fine on my Windows PC at work. (So no company firewall blocking of TCP port 443 apparently)
  • I can surf the web just fine on my N800 using the "ad hoc" wifi connection I've made on my Windows PC at work. (My wired LAN connection is set "shared")
  • However, the "Contacts" on my N800 always report "unable to find online contacts" when I connect via the ad hoc network at work.
So what key config of my work PC's ad hoc WLAN setting have I forgotten here?

Wow, am I really the only one here using ad hoc WiFi?

im also trying to conect my 770 trough my laptops wireless card.... but i get a local ip.. and i cant even surf the web......

My wired conection is shared.....and i seted up an (adhoc) conection that
gives me a local ip on the 770.....

in the other side,, my friend's macbook pro shared connection is recognized as infrastructure...but still geting the local ip....

well,, at least you can surf ..how can i use the internet trouhg my laptops wireles card on windows??

well,, at least you can surf ..how can i use the internet trouhg my laptops wireles card on windows??
I think I might have used this page for help. Google shows up a lot of other similar pages too.

Basically, my XP laptop's wireless card is used for the AdHoc network (added manually on the Wireless Networks tab, defined SSID, authentication, encryption, key(s), etc).

My laptop's wired LAN connection is then set shared (on the Advanced tab).

Firewall is switched off - only because I have a number of NAT routers between me and the real world. Maybe that's the difference between us?

Hope that helps.