Notices

I'm sure most of us are really loving the Canola2 app, even though it's beta it's still a crackin' media player!

I thought this thread could serve as a way for people to say thanks to the Canola team, I know I want to! The work that the guys (And girls too, no doubt) are putting in to get the application out, giving people the features they want, and the support they're giving users really is a good thing to see!

Well done guys, keep up the great work!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Optomisticsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Optomo!

I will send this thread to each one, and to the 2 girls in the project ... and ask them to write here also. I think people knows we are eager to hear nice experiences with canola, and that is already incredible nice... but everybody likes compliments, and I think we are giving not only our best choice in our tasks (designing, coding, etc) but also here.. communicating, listening...

And even with all the fuss about being open source or not, I'm really proud to say that I think we DO listen to every user, and do talk back to them, discuss and try to shape canola for them. Of course sometimes we cannot fulfill everyone's wish... but that happens in any project. I think we can be called a Community-Empowered project... And we treat every single one of you guys that post here problems, suggestions etc as co-developers, just like Eric Raymond states in the one I believe to be a very very important aspect of open source / community work.

Thanks in my name, Thank in behalf of the Team... but I send them the link =) they will like it!
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Thank you, Optomisticsi! We're very happy you guys are appreciating what we've done.

-- Ulisses

Software Developer/Architect at OpenBossa Labs

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
I add my thanks here to all the team working on Canola.

I think that it is really great that on behalf of the NIT user community you released a version of Canola 2 beta that runs well on the Nokia 770 and OS2006/2007HE (In line with the promises and in spite of the underlying OS issues)

I am looking forward to the surprises that may come to Canola users as the application extends its embrace over other areas of the NIT's strength. (A real use anywhere/anytime device)

I wish all the team the very best and thank you for all your efforts.

Wish I could be with you at the fiestas in Brasil.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
handful, I want to thank you and your team for all the time and effort put into making this such a fantastic product. The latest beta seems to be running faster than the previous version, and I'm glad I loaded up the DivX versio n of my on-the-go movie library for the flight ahead (I'm posting this from the Dubai International Airport).

If this was donationware, I would be happy to throw in a couple of tens to keep this project going and as a token of my appreciation.

Cheers

Kenneth

Thanks for the nice words, Optomisticsi. It is great to see that people are actually enjoying the "Canola experience"

Interaction designer @ OpenBossa Labs

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Kenneth!

Nice to hear =) for sure this can be dangerous to our managers to read but we are happy to see that people see value in the work.

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil

I got the first version of the beta and i was a little disappointed due to problems with the ID3 tags, but this new version solves all the issues. Thanks a lot handful and everyone else in the team, i do believe Canola is a key app for those of use who are average users, the interface, the quality and features are great. Again, thanks for making my n800 more friendly.

Thank you Canola team! It's a great application! And I like showing it off .

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
Thanks a lot guys.
It's a great program.

I sure couldn't have done it.

You deserve all kinds of kudos.