Active Topics

Hi everyone. I just got a Nokia 770 and am in the process of setting it up. I'm lucky that in my job over the past bunch of years I've worked in a Unix environment, so I'm familiar with the non-DOS world. But there's one thing about the set up of the 770 that I haven't quite figured out yet, having to do with email.

I set up one email account (mine), and it's working just fine. I then when to set up another, and for this one I left the password blank. The Nokia wizard let me finish this without error, but I can't figure out how to access this other email account. Am I right in assuming that the 770 email app does support multiple accounts? If so, can they be set up with a blank entry in the password field so that a password entry is required when opening that account? If the answers are "yes", then how to I launch the email app using the desired account?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
It basically automatically downloads a copy of the e-mail from all of the accounts you have setup and tosses it into the Inbox folder. There are some other clients you would probably want to use.

Ah, thanks. I will look take a look here for other email clients. Are there any to consider which are not in the software section of this website?

The Following User Says Thank You to tonyptony For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston, Massachusetts
Originally Posted by tonyptony
Ah, thanks. I will look take a look here for other email clients. Are there any to consider which are not in the software section of this website?
I would just go to Maemo.Org, and look around. There are a lot of cool applications. I tried another email client previously, but had no luck with it. Maybe, it was still in development when I tried it. I don't remember. I also installed pine (for the sake of the good ol' days), but have used it only once or twice.

anyways, take a look here:

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog