Active Topics

Notices

I wrote a utility to display N810's internal temperature. I think it should also work for N800 and N770. When idle, tablets generate almost no heat, so this sensor can also measure the ambient temperature in your room.

[user@nokia ~]$ internal-temp
23.25C

The link is in my signature.

Enjoy!

Last edited by ag2; 2008-02-10 at 18:43.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ag2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Haha, your tools are great!

Thanks a lot!

BTW: N710's a new one :P

Oh yeah, is it me or does your website address keep changing :P?

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-02-10 at 09:26.

you don't know N710 is the successor of N700 with WiMax ;-)

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Nice, but..
How do you know that treatment it's necessary to give to temp1_input number?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by ag2 View Post
I wrote a utility to display N810's internal temperature. I think it should also work for N800 and N710. When idle, tablets generate almost no heat, so this sensor can also measure the ambient temperature in your room.

[user@nokia ~]$ internal-temp
23.25C

The link is in my signature.

Enjoy!
Question: Are you certain there is only one temperature sensor in the Itablets? The Newton used two sensors, one for external temperature and one for battery temperature, for its charge-monitoring thingie.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
ag2, thanks a lot for yet another app.

Is it possible to have the same or similar option like in the battery-status for monitoring over time? (i.e. switched on with the -d N flag) as well as the date/time included?

For the moment, I will wrap it to a simple script with a sleep interleaved.

Last edited by Saturn; 2008-02-10 at 13:17.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Oh yeah, is it me or does your website address keep changing :P?
It turns out that the last site (maemostuff) was infringing on the maemo trademark. Nokia asked me to take it down (very nicely) and I did.

The Following User Says Thank You to ag2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post

Is it possible to have the same or similar option like in the battery-status for monitoring over time? (i.e. switched on with the -d N flag) as well as the date/time included?

For the moment, I will wrap it to a simple script with a sleep interleaved.
Yeah, shouldn't be difficult to add. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Question: Are you certain there is only one temperature sensor in the Itablets? The Newton used two sensors, one for external temperature and one for battery temperature, for its charge-monitoring thingie.
I'm not at all certain, but I doubt there's one for that purpose. Charging NiCd, Ni-MH, and, I think, Alkaline batteries* is best done by watching the temperature. But I beleive Li-ion are generally charged on their current/voltage characteristics only.

*Yes, recharging Alkaline batteries may be done, but you only get practically something like 20 cycles out of them with reasonable capacity. And they can't be charged at any decent speed, so it's not really useful enough for the charger to be marketable.**

**Actually, as I wrote that, I remembered there was a company producing "Renewal" batteries -- they couldn't be recharged, being alkaline, but they could be "renewed" in a special battery charger "renewing station". Wonder if they were just selling an alkaline charger, and plain alkaline cells (with a "Renewal" label) for higher $$.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-02-11 at 17:29. Reason: Remove accidental post icon.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Toronto, ON Canada
Yeah.. I remember those rechargables.. Pure Energy sold them. I also saw an infomercial on TV from another company.