this is annoying, I downloaded canola, but I have no Idea what so ever to get my movies and music in, I am new and it keeps saying no media, when I know there is

Well assuming Canola itself is working correctly. And that you have media on your SD cards. You need to go into options and then I think there's scanning or something like that. Then you make sure for the internal/external cards that the eye is showing (not an eye with a slash through it).

It should scan for media on those cards and add it to its database.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

thanks, I had been doing that the whole time but it wasn't working, seems I needed to post something though because I went and tried again and now it can find them

Last edited by jbb; 2008-02-15 at 23:05.

never mind it freezes and doesn't load still

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Jbb :

If is freezing, you may have a corrupted installation. But please make sure you have the eye with a "V" marked in the media library - audio folders , video folders , etc .

If they are marked media will be listed. If this is not happening, then you have some bad installation.

You have an option of unninstalling, (clean up) using the canola2-fix available in the application installer (maemo extras repository ) and then install again.

If it still not working, please contact me via private message that we will help you fixing it, and you will be helping a free application to improve and avoid mistakes in the future.

Thanks for trying the software...

MArcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

I am also having the same issue. I uninstalled using the clean-up and installed again. Same issue, song is there and tries to load but never starts playing.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Atlanta, GA
I seem to be having the same problem...I click a song (or podcast) and it just sort of stares at me. Can't tap on anything but I can hit the menu button to go back.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Tmilr87 and Griff :

Hi guys, can you try rebooting ? if it's not playing maybe is our media engine, that still old and needs the new one.

if still not working, can you please run it on xterm using : canola -vv and then go to some media try to play it and send the messages to us?

We really need this to nail this problem : /

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Since the Canola update I've had problems, too. It seem to go off into the wild blue yonder and never come back.

Did an uninstall, clean-up and reinstall and it still does this.

It's a shame since it was working so well under the previous version!

same problem here, i even tried to reboot my n800 in every stepdaughteri made. cleanup/reboot/install/reboot/scan media/reboot