i have n800 with os2008.

i have serious problem with display. after device goes to automatic sleep (screen goes of and system is doing nothing for a while, usually at least 30 min.) i touch the screen to wake it up, but sometimes, not always, screen stays off.

i can hear clicks, but the only way to be able to use the device is to switch it off by holding power button and then to switch on.

usually the screen stays black, several times the screen went white, or there were vertical lines.

sometimes i can use the device 2-3 days without problem, sometimes i have to reboot 3-4 times a day.

could you help me, please, what the problem could be? at first i've thout it's WSOD, but as i understand with WSOD device is completely dead and reboot doesn't help, so this must be something different.

i live outside officially supported countries, so service by nokia will be problematic, probably.

Last edited by hyartep; 2008-02-18 at 15:08. Reason: correcting typos

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
My 770 had WSOD almost a year ago. I took it to Nokia repair centre and when I got it back, it showed similar symptoms with your device. I turned it on at the Nokia shop and it worked fine. When I got back home, the screen was black but I could hear clicks when I tapped the screen. After a few reboots I got the screen back on but soon it went black again. The following day I took it back to the Nokia repair centre.

After a couple of days I got a SMS telling that my device was fixed. At the shop I was told that the display module had been loose. This had been replaced after the WSOD, but the new module had not been attached properly.

I believe you could be facing something similar. As the screen still works every now and then, I would say there's just a bad connection somewhere. If you cannot take it to the official Nokia care, I hope you know somebody who can repair electronic devices.