Active Topics

not sure if this the best forum...

thereg reviews the N810.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/03...ternet_tablet/

verdict: "Assuming you're comfortable with the cost it does a very good job of filling a niche you perhaps didn't know existed."

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
an interestingly positive review, but knowing the page its on i cant shake the suspicion of irony...

A very positive review, and a well researched one at that, at least the reviewer took the time to install some apps from Maemo!

The "lack of a sim card" comment, though, shows how even the most literate (and sympathetic) reviewer can find it difficult to get past the "Nokia" name on the front.

Originally Posted by Red View Post
A very positive review, and a well researched one at that, at least the reviewer took the time to install some apps from Maemo!

The "lack of a sim card" comment, though, shows how even the most literate (and sympathetic) reviewer can find it difficult to get past the "Nokia" name on the front.
Peoples problem is that they review it as a phone...

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
It is sure nice to read somebody say something positive, once in a while.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
but read the comments - all "my iphone is better" or "why no sim card" *sigh* you just can't help some people

I only see one comment...

Update... damn you, upstream proxy! I see them now, and was happier in my ignorance!

Rebuttal added.

Last edited by Red; 2008-03-05 at 15:07.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
im tempted to draw parallels to foleo, hell even the eeepc is foleo like. if only palm had the nerve to release it.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
im tempted to draw parallels to foleo, hell even the eeepc is foleo like. if only palm had the nerve to release it.
Oh man I thought the Foleo was brilliant. Because it was Palm I expected that at some point a good PIM and email client would have arrived. Its too bad it never panned out.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
as an n800 owner, I read the article more as a review of 2008, and was very pleased. I read el reg a lot, and although they tend to a tad cynical, the reviews are usually refeshingly honest. I was very pleased to see the number of n800 owners plugging the little marvel.