Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Czech Republic
This is from the log of Application Manager when I try and download a program:

Could not open file /media/mmc2/.apt-archive-cache/partial/libuiw_0.0.27_armel.deb - open (30 Read-only file system) [IP: 195.113.232.97 80]

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
The filesystem on your internal card is corrupted. Backup the data you need and reformat.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
I tried to change the permissions on the mmc2 and I can not. A re-flash does not fix the problem.

How do I format the mmc2?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
The system automatically sets vfat to ro when it detects errors, so you can't just change the permissions.

Open up the File manager and format the internal card.

it seems im in a catch 22, as i cant format it because its not highlighted. can i do it with the terminal and not being root? because i cant install anything even root access.

when i plug it to a computer the IT says theres a problem with the internal card and doesnt come up.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Try the other slot. Or use a card reader.

Btw, how come you can't highlight?

I get repair option and format on right click.

For a unrecommended workaround for your original question, redpill mode can disable mmc deb download in app manager.
Best to keep it on though.

You have lost me a little. My mmc2 is the internal card on the n810. So I cant take it out and format it in a computer. I must format the drive in the m810. I meant that in the file manager on the n810 the format is not highlighted so I cant use that program.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by zakeen View Post
You have lost me a little. My mmc2 is the internal card on the n810. So I cant take it out and format it in a computer. I must format the drive in the m810. I meant that in the file manager on the n810 the format is not highlighted so I cant use that program.
My bad, I assumed you had N800.

Do what I said, set application manager in red pill mode (Application Manager > Tools > Application Catalogue , click "New", enter "matrix" into the "Web Address" field, click "Cancel".

Choose Red Pill. Go to options, and untick use MMC to download packages.

You should be able to install an ssh server & client (openssh) or easyroot

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks everything is now working perfect. Man what a difference to have all my apps back again!

Originally Posted by zakeen View Post
Thanks everything is now working perfect. Man what a difference to have all my apps back again!
No problem

Did you manage to format the memory card? If you did, I would tick back the use mmc to download packages.