Hello folks,

Can someone out there confirm what is the maximum memory per slot I can use in an N800. I found a guide here

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...ds-to-use.html

Which says 8GB of SDHC. I was sure I read somewhere yesterday you could use 16GB SDCH and earlier today I read it was a little as 2GB! I'm confused.

I am hoping to get at least 30GB in there. What options do I have?

Cheers

I can confirm 8gb sdhc work fine. That is the biggest I have.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
All SDHC cards will work. 32GB cards will work when they are released. 16GB SDHC cards are out now and work fine. There are many threads here on peoples' favorite SDHC cards. Search.

I think it more down the the limit of the filesystem the card is formated to.

I have 1 16GB card in mine now, works great though I need to get another

Ok thanks for the info. I have just ordered a 16GB one from eBay, I will see how that goes an add another.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
You shouldn't run into any problems (from the N800's or N810's perspective) until after the 4TB SDHC cards are released. I think 4 terabytes is the limit within the OS on addressable space...

...so, you should be okay for a while, yet.

I think it's 2TB for a 32-bit system, sadly

Originally Posted by jkoder View Post
Ok thanks for the info. I have just ordered a 16GB one from eBay, I will see how that goes an add another.
LOL "I have just ordered a 16GB one from eBay"!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. That just made my day. Why do people have such blind faith in cheap, sh*tty products on eBay? Go to amazon.com or buy.com and get real 16GB sdhc cards for cheap, not eBay crap. Search this forum and you will find info on fake sdhc cards from eBay. People wake up!

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have never receive a "fake" product from eBay. However, I am staying away from eBay for other reasons. I suppose you've been burned many times by eBay, thus your cynicism.