Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Revealing myself as the uber geek that I am, I want to buy a watchphone to pair with my N810 so as to give my wrist cancer as well as carpal tunnel syndrome. Does anyone know anything about the M800/M815 or the LG phones that were demoed earlier this year as far as DUN for email checking from the IT? The neat thing is the M800 also comes with an A2DP headset which I can pair with the N810.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/l...uction-please/

To summarize I'm looking for a watchphone that does DUN and has ok battery life and is not the equivalent of me sticking a velcro strap on my N75.
Attached Images

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
my m800 works fine but it is only gprs.

Originally Posted by Lupin3d View Post
my m800 works fine but it is only gprs.
This is the one I am leaning towards for sure, the price seems right because even if it isn't what I expect for $175 its a mistake I'm willing ot make. Some questions is the speed painful for browsing, I have never tethered with GPRS the slowest I have ever gone is EDGE and that is very serviceable. How is the real world battery life, will it last a whole day if you talk for about an hour a day?

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
This is the one I am leaning towards for sure, the price seems right because even if it isn't what I expect for $175 its a mistake I'm willing ot make. Some questions is the speed painful for browsing, I have never tethered with GPRS the slowest I have ever gone is EDGE and that is very serviceable. How is the real world battery life, will it last a whole day if you talk for about an hour a day?
I use the nokia 6120 (umts/hsdpa) instead of m800...the difference of speed is awesome...with the watch i reach 4k/s with the nokia 90k/s. The battery died after 4 hours of continuos browsing or after 3/4 days (making 3/4 calling/day). you will have 2 batteries in the watchphone box.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Nokia should put more into this idea rather then developing stuff like morph. A nice watch with battery and 3g routing the voice and messages to the tablet. Using the phonelink we can send messages or make calls which is transmitted by bluetooth. We could use an a2dp head set which both the tablet can use to talk.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
We could use an a2dp head set which both the tablet can use to talk.
How about we get just that working first? I'd be happy to have a head set that worked a2dp and voice. That is a missing feature right now.

As for tethering, us poor slobs in Kanada have few choices and for me there is no choice (no cell phone). But that is mighty cute. Beam me up.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Herndon, VA, USA
I considered a cellular watch using bluetooth for everything as a new phone, but I really wanted to get UMTS/HSDPA/3G network compatibility. I haven't actually worn a watch regularly for almost a decade and a half.... but I think a phone watch would be cool. Dick Tracy, eat your heart out!

Yeah I think most young boys(and definitely some girls) always dreamed of the watch phone, reading about these new advancements makes me realize the future is NOW! I will probably buy one of these this weekend as a lark because I have a feeling the GPRS browsing speed is going to kill me. I just don't want to spend $600 on a new Nokia s60 now when I know that by the end of the year there will be the next generation of S60 in full swing and at lower prices and indeed probably a newer tablet.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
http://www.gizmag.com/go/1869/

old, in tech terms, but still interesting.

and yes, roll up tablet, phone/modem watch and earpiece would be perfect.

but then im geek, i keep getting the impression that ear pieces are not fashionable...

and form over function is the mantra for non-geeks, as allways...