I was laying in bed last night and realized that my N800 actually did work out as hoped. I got it for myself last x-mas.
Mainly to listen to my favorite german radiostation that I cannot via FM since I am living in the US right now. (Wireless-G internet radios are a joke, since you have to have a pc running.) Second reason was to videochat. Gizmo worked last night with my old folks! So I could walk around in and around my house and show them this and that. Its very close to have them here or visit.
On top of my two main reasons I also got a quick, great webbrowser, a ton of games that I probably won't play anyway, a PHONE (thanks to gizmo/grandcentral), mapsource in my hands! (haven't bought a bt gps yet - its on the list) and many more apps.
My laptop is catching dust in the attic.

I am telling all my friends to get one too - (they of course say:"a what ???") no success yet, but I am working on it.

Anyways, thanks Nokia for creating this great potential in this handy, portable formfactor and even more,
THANKS to everyone here to support this device and put your time and energy in developing more applications !!
Way more and better apps than the nokia engineer dreamed of I bet !!

johenkel

The Following User Says Thank You to johenkel For This Useful Post:
I just got mine and I am looking for what it can do. Can you tell me more about Gizmo/GrandCentral?

Thanks

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by elias21 View Post
I just got mine and I am looking for what it can do. Can you tell me more about Gizmo/GrandCentral?
Hey-ho! Another opportunity to push the wiki page (could we please get some more contributors? :\).

http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...sonal_Accounts

Originally Posted by johenkel View Post
(Wireless-G internet radios are a joke, since you have to have a pc running.)
[OFFTOPIC]
Huh?
Definitely no PC needed for these:
http://www.my-noxon.net/cms/front_content.php?idart=38
[/OFFTOPIC]

Noxon supports wma & mp3 only. You entirely depend on the mercy of the manufacture to have 'your' station added to the list. Not to forget, quite pricy for a single-use device. For a few bucks more I got the N800.
Thanks though,
johenkel