Notices

Would somebody be willing to compile Aleph One for OS2008/N810?

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mar...lesize=7295646

Thanks.

Requires OpenGL and SDL. SDL is fine, OpenGL...we have a software solution for that somewhere (Vincent).

Not too sure about speed though.

Last edited by t3h; 2008-04-27 at 06:39.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
You can configure without opengl. I was in the process a few weeks back but the amount of gl references I had to remove....

So I thought forget it.

It runs fine on the Zaurus in SDL mode, so it ought to work on the N810.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It's not about running, it's more about the compilation process. I set it to not compile with gl, yet the tons of c files still want gl headers which we don't have. Getting boost libraries are easy though. If, I get a LOT time and I get my sbox working, I may try again for my n800 as I've had an interest in this for a long time.

Of course, someone who knows what they are doing helps more than me.

For the Zaurus, I had to do two things to make it build OK:

1. Point the configure script to the boost headers (solved, already for you, evidently)

2. Compile with openGL using the Mesa3D library/headers, then disable it at runtime

Yes, thanks for the Mesa stuff. I got them both sorted out but I had errors on the network code so I ripped that out. I then had errors in the rest of it :/. If I manage to get this one to compile by butchering half of it out, I bet it isn't gonna work.

Hint for anyone listening

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-01 at 06:25.

Hmm...I seem to remember having some SDL error or other when I had 2 versions of SDL installed. Removing one copy fixed it. Perhaps that's the issue?

Mesa3D failed to build for me under Scratchbox. Is there anything special you did to make it work?

I'm pretty sure I have only one version of SDL. I've given up after running ./configure which has messed up some of my modified Makefiles and it failed anyway due to my unorthodox modifications. Sorry.

I couldn't get it to build so I grabbed packages from here:http://muksuluuri.ath.cx/maemo/dists.../binary-armel/

I took the lazy way out and grabbed every single one of those packages and did dpkg -i --force-all and then removed the dependcy problems manually by editing status. All for about 10 header files

I just took the "include" folder from Mesa3D-7.0.3, and it seems to be building fine. We'll see how it ends....