Active Topics

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Gremany
Hello
I wanted to set my Email's account ( it is on hotmail ) to recieving and sending my email through n800 but the problem that the Email-programm in n800 asks my about the in-comming and out-comming mail address for the hotmail..... I don't know it.... plz can any body guide me about it.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bristol, UK
Microsoft restrict access to Hotmail accounts to approved email clients (Entourage, Windows Live Mail, Outlook etc. and only to accounts opened before a couple of years ago. Some bright spark created a plug in for Apple Mail and with that used the settings hotmail.com and msn.com as the mailbox provider but again only the older accounts would work.

It would be nice to have a widget for the desktop to show how many email are unopened in the Hotmail box but I can't find that solution either for the N810.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Gremany
thank you very much .....

I use Pidgeon to check incoming e-mail.
Make an account for your hotmail address in Pidgeon, then when you have Pidgeon running, it will pop up and tell you if you have an e-mail waiting. Then just 'open all messages' and it will log you into WindowsLiveMail.

Maybe thats some use to you.

BT

mozilla thunderbird has a nice addon that lets it check hotmail, not sure if thunderbird will work on the n800 tho.

Originally Posted by shreaded_teddy View Post
mozilla thunderbird has a nice addon that lets it check hotmail, not sure if thunderbird will work on the n800 tho.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/20...bird-on-maemo/

Guys, Hotmail doesn't allow free POP access to email accounts.

BUT there's this wonderful site called Izymail (http://v3.izymail.com/) that let you activate a gateway system to access Hotmail via POP with ANY e-mail client.

Hope this help.

The Following User Says Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post: