Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I can't believe it!

For more than six months a completely broken repository -- that incidentally barfs up the Holy Application Mangler as well -- has been left undisturbed on the primary Maemo downloads page.

So who exactly manages that download site? The Missing Link?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Link to whatever the hell you're talking about?

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
So who exactly manages that download site? The Missing Link?
The maintainer of the entry. Have you considered contacting that person, or contacting any of the INdT guys on here, #canola, or through email, or contacting X-Fade, or filing a bug in bugzilla?

First thing that sprang to mind was to rant about it here, in the itT General forum, where none of the above are likely to stumble upon it anytime soon?

Good plan!

Link to it? so it infects all the forum noobs? (On second thought, it might teach them not to click on random links. Better than rick-rolling.)

(Oh, BTW, I doubt it causes any problems with the App manager in OS2008. It no longer lets one bad repo stop all progress; you just get an error, and log entries, but everything else proceeds. So you're the only one who really notices it. )

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Link to it? so it infects all the forum noobs? (On second thought, it might teach them not to click on random links. Better than rick-rolling.)
You know what I mean . . . give us some idea of what he's talk about.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
/me hands GA a bagful of extra gerunds, so he won't have ing-less words hanging around in his posts...

The Following User Says Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
FWIW:

If I go on the Gronmayer site and search for indt I get

[bossa.indt.org.br/carman/repo/release[/url]

edit: url deliberately messed up for the protection of the innocent.

Last edited by geneven; 2008-05-28 at 20:14.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Link to whatever the hell you're talking about?

The maintainer of the entry. Have you considered contacting that person, or contacting any of the INdT guys on here, #canola, or through email, or contacting X-Fade, or filing a bug in bugzilla?

First thing that sprang to mind was to rant about it here, in the itT General forum, where none of the above are likely to stumble upon it anytime soon?

Good plan!
You know, I'm just waiting for july to come. I merely wanted you guys to know that it's still f*cked up. Do with it what you want.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
You know, I'm just waiting for july to come. I merely wanted you guys to know that it's still f*cked up. Do with it what you want.
Isn't June close enough?