Active Topics

Notices

Here's a build from gpsd source, version 2.32, which corresponds to osso-gpsd. It includes some of the clients from the Debian gpsd-clients package, but not all; gpspipe is the only one I've tested, but here's a comparison listing of the programs (bold are included):
Code:
/usr/bin/cgps
/usr/bin/cgpxlogger
/usr/bin/gpsctl
/usr/bin/gpsflash
/usr/bin/gpspipe
/usr/bin/gpxlogger
/usr/bin/rtcmdecode
/usr/bin/sirfmon
/usr/bin/xgps
/usr/bin/xgpsspeed
gpsd-clients-2.32-0_armel.deb
And the source (no modifications were made):
gpsd-2.32.tar.gz

And finally, the reason I needed gpspipe... cyborg.py, from the xkcd blag.
Note that this is a hacked-up version; some functionality is missing to dodge dependencies, and stuff has been generally wrecked. But it works now, and that's more than it did at first. (Does anyone know what is up with "import retry"? I couldn't find retry, so I commented it to see what would break, and if possible comment that. But nothing broke. ) I Python!

There's also a shell script to call it, which does a totally wrong "parse" of gpx files to grab the last point out of them, or dumps the contents of non-gpx files straight in, or dumps non-files straight in. The "parser" especially is atrocious, but for something written at a couple of red-lights, try to be understanding.
cyborg.py
cy.sh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Sweet.
Just while biking I thought a voice that tells me distance from/to the last mark would be nice.

Do I need to update my gpsd to be able to use this? I'm confused. Oh and I know next to nothing abuot python.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hehe, nice

You don't have any screenies of the cyborg.py by any chance? My BT GPS won't pair with my N800 (uses worded passkey, not numbers)

No need to update gpsd; that's the point of this build.
And it works without any serpentine knowledge.

@qwerty12:
Maybe I'll post one, but it's not GUI; it runs in xterm, and while it does dump useful info in xterm, its main point is the audible info...