Active Topics

I just got my N800 today and the first thing I want to install is iSilo. I did some research and to my knowledge, iSilo doesn't run on these tablets yet..... so now I'm wondering if anyone runs iSilo on GarnetVM?? If yes, does it work successfully and is the screen full-screen or still the Palm size?

Thanks.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think I saw iSilo listed by someone as one of their favorite apps, implying it is running for them, but it didn't work for me. So, you should try it in the GarnetVM, of course. It would be full-screen.

It would be awesome if iSilo could run on my N800. Anyone have step by step instructions?

I just got it running. There's nothing difficult about it; I just needed to install Tealecho, whatever THAT is. I'll watch your messages for a description of the problems you encounter. Oh, step by step?

1. Install Garnet VM
2. Install Palm version of iSilo.
3. Install Tealecho.

Last edited by geneven; 2008-06-04 at 10:18.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I installed iSilo OK, I don't see why you would need TealEcho?

It would be nice to have a virtual SD card of course, all your docs have to sit in "handheld memory".

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I LOVE isilo, thanks for starting this thread!

I just installed iSilo, but my iSilo pdb files look horrible running on Garnet. Anyone know if FBreader can read iSilo files?

Sorry, another question.

I have like a Gig worth of stuff I want to put on here, but I already enlarged the storage heap on GarnetGVM to it's maximum measily 64 MB, anyway I can increase it to fit my 1 GB worth of files?

The reason I had to install tealecho is the program told me it needed it. Maybe there are different versions out there. I think that tealecho came in as one of the programs in the file I downloaded. I don't care that much, since I don't think I'll be using isilo -- I was just trying it out. I use FBreader, mainly.

I don't think FBreader can specifically read isilo files, but those files can be converted to some format FBreader can read, I would assume.

Last edited by geneven; 2008-06-05 at 11:51.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Let me answer a few here, to my knowledge...

No, there's no way right now to boost things past 64MB, we're all pulling for them to make a virtual SD card so you can get at the big files...

And once it's in iSilo format it can't be converted to anything else... iSilo is the only reader that works with that format. Unfortunately. Not so bad on Palm, because it happens to be an excellent reader.

If the docs look horrible it's probably because it's using subpixel hinting for a 320x320 screen, and it's stretched to a n8x0 screen... go into fonts and change the text size to medium, instead of small.

The Following User Says Thank You to BoxOfSnoo For This Useful Post: