I tried to look around in this forum, but i couldnt find any setup or config internet on N810 (using with TMobile Data Plans)
I dont know which data plan i go with? $5.99(T-mobile web) and $19.99(T-mobile hostpot), or TMobile Total Internet ???
My phones Samsung A437/ Nokia 6201. All supports with bluetooth and EDGE.
I would like to use internet and gizmo call on N810 .
Please help me set up config infomation or give me some reference link ?
I also heard about DUN and how can i set up this?
Thank you

Last edited by therock_80; 2008-06-21 at 05:51.

search for my postings...here is the "down and dirty info"

GPRS

wap.voicestream.com

Phone Number to dial: *99***1#

Username and password are all blank

others did this

Just had to change the built in N810 script for Tmobile from internet2.voicestream.com to internet3.voicestream.com

Thanks for configuration.
If i use this setting and connect online, will i be charge per minute by TMobile ?
.Or which data plan should i buy before using it?

It is by the data...very expensive,,,unless you get the 19.95 (per month) plan as this is way to go as it is unlimited plus Hot spot WiFi....call T-mobile on your phone and ask them.

Can i use phone as dial up modem and connect with N810 via bluetooth? I have free dial up account at my school.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
T-Mobile HotSpot is a WiFi plan that only works in establishments, such as coffee shops and airports, which have contracted with T-Mobile to provide wireless internet access. HotSpot is not a service provided through T-Mobile's wireless phone network. If you want to be able to connect everywhere you need to add a data plan to your phone service.

i have $5.99 t-zones and it works fine in most locations with n800 and bluetooth
connection to phone... it is very slow and sometimes times out and the web pages are not delivered. but then i just click again... for occasional html browsing it is cheap and good enough. when i need more than that i use a wifi connection instead anyway. if i am in the city or at a hotel, finding wifi is no problem.

you may need to set a proxy address of port 8080
instead of 80 to get html web pages via t-zones on your phones connection
settings. here is another forum with extensive details on phone web connections:

www.howardforums.com

do a search there on tzones, port 8080, and so on.

i think

I use the T-mobileWeb (or T-zones) service too. It is very slow and it only allows you browser web and get mail on your internet tablet. You can not use IM in T-mobileWeb service. But it is quite cheap. Only 5.99 per month. And its very slow~~ speed internet connection is enough to download map when I use Maemo Mapper in driving.

I have been trying to get an answer out of T-Mobile as to which data plan I need to be able to hook my N810 to the internet through my phone. Simply put, their Customer Care department is filled with idiots! here is their most recent response:

"Unfortunately I do not have any information in my systems regarding this information. I do apologize for the inconvenience. What you would need to do is contact customer care and speak with WDS. WDS specializes in the information that you are requesting.

Remember that you can always send another email or give us a call
at 1800-937-8997 and a customer service representative will direct your call to the tier of support that can better assist you."

So, instead of sending my query to the next level of support, they suggest I send another email to the department I am already talking to, and then they will send it to the next tier!

I guess i will just add the $5.99 T-zones, and see if that does what I need...

I do not work for nor have any stock/interest in T-mobile AND have had, as does everyone with every carrier sooner or later, issues. Compared to every other carrier I have used my t-mobile thoughts to your posting is listed.

1st, if you use anything except the email (or more than a few megs download a month) I use and recommend the $19.95 plan....

2nd, the t-mobile folks are the less costly and more service hours than the other carriers I have used previously.

3rd, if you do not use, as with every carrier I know, their approved equipment very little help is able to be given, other than what you must/could find researching (I have spent 100's of hours over the years doing my own research and then calling the carries back with the info so they might put it in their database for their support folks) on your own. Sadly, it either does not reach the right person/group or gets lost in the "black hole" of information overload.

4th, not to sound rude, however, expecting support folks to know everything about everything is unrealistic. To many "i" before "e" except after "c" kinds of issues.

Lastly, if you search on my postings I have previously, I am unable to get that info currently, posted all that you need to know is in them....as there are a few inputs that do not work "out-of-the-box"...

You may email me at:

here.david1@gmail.com

with specific questions, your equipment, what you are going to use the equipment for, etc. and I will try to help!