Notices

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
MOST RECENT VERSION HERE

I have started a new thread because the old one was getting long.

Release 0.6 "Daddy Brain"
  • Native login support, no more wget or microb cookies
  • Updated UI
  • Recent list pulled from GC inbox
  • On the fly callback number changing
  • Keyboard accelerators
  • Shiny new icon

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Takes a long time to start
  • Larger memory footprint

There is now a third developer on this application, so I can't speak for him, but my goal with the next release is more polish. Reduced memory footprint, quicker startup, osso integration, TEL: URI handling through microb so that iphone links work, and more.

Attached for your pleasure is the binary. I will remove it once it's up at garage or extras.

Last edited by brontide; 2008-06-29 at 16:12.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Hey! Nice job on the new icons, layout, and login features!

Cosmetic suggestion: Can we increase the size of the numbers on the key pad or shrink the letters a bit. Visually, I'm used to keypads being like that, but that's just a personal preference (maybe others like it as is).

Quick question (this might be off topic a little), but is there a way to mute the microphone during a call. The mute button on the internet call bar mutes everything, but I just want to mute myself.

So now we can uninstall wget, right?

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Slipped my mind to include the icon source ref in the changelog.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=42526

Thanks to Thilo Roessler

Originally Posted by paps View Post
Cosmetic suggestion: Can we increase the size of the numbers on the key pad or shrink the letters a bit. Visually, I'm used to keypads being like that, but that's just a personal preference (maybe others like it as is).
Yeah, I don't see why I couldn't do something. I was very concerned about functionality in this release more than some smaller UI issues. I'll look into it. I was hoping to have bold number about 50% bigger on top of smaller letters in the end.

Quick question (this might be off topic a little), but is there a way to mute the microphone during a call. The mute button on the internet call bar mutes everything, but I just want to mute myself.
Nope, we have to live with the VoIP clients at this point. I don't know anyone bold enough to try fixing them.

So now we can uninstall wget, right?
If you want to, but it could be handy and it's tiny in the grand scheme of things.

just installed 0.6 successfully. But dialpad mess up with "?" and "!"..I could nt see any digit on dialpad

Originally Posted by therock_80 View Post
just installed 0.6 successfully. But dialpad mess up with "?" and "!"..I could nt see any digit on dialpad
Could you be more descriptive?

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Could you be more descriptive?
I just upload a screenshot.
I dont know why i got this problem.
05 version works for me.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by therock_80 View Post
I just upload a screenshot.
I dont know why i got this problem.
05 version works for me.
That's freaky. My best guess is some sort of localization issue. What is the default language of the device? Chinook or Diablo?

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
That's freaky. My best guess is some sort of localization issue. What is the default language of the device? Chinook or Diablo?
I checked "Language and Region" settings is English(USA)
Since i bought it a week ago, i'm still new to N810. I have nt update firmware or OS anything except Python2.5 package installed. It's Chinook.

Last edited by therock_80; 2008-06-29 at 01:34.

BUG: If website is unreachable the app may not open or may close unexpentantly...

like now when www.grandcentral.com is not responding.