microb crashes most of the time, especially streaming sites that uses heavy flash like Veoh and Crunchyroll. Viewing ITT website sometimes makes the browser crash.

Oh one more thing, It's less responsive than Chinook.

Anyone experiencing the same problems?
Anyone can help?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
some people seems to have issues because they restored settings from backup rather then starting from scratch...

i see, I'll try flashing my n800 again and start from scratch. Gonna post the results after flashing

The Following User Says Thank You to cutegelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
My wife visits myspce alot, and alot of the sites ue heavy flash and crash the browser. I turned on her virtual memory and it seems to help.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Los Angeles
I am having the same problems. I just turned on the virtual memory. I will post again with the results.

FWIW: I restored from my backup too.

i just reformated my internal my internal card and activate the virtual memory! so far so good

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Los Angeles
I activated the virtual memory. Seems like it doesn't crash, just very slow.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
At least one respected member of our community thinks that setting Fit width to view causes a lot of similar problems. It's under the View menu; you might try unchecking it.

I don't have any crashing problems with my browser under Diablo, whether I set Fit width to view or not. I do have the Flashblock program installed. It blocks flash and presents an icon instead, so if you want to run Flash, you just click the icon. It works well for me, though some sites just report that you don't have Flash installed. And of course I have the virtual memory turned on -- I think that's something that "virtually" everyone should do.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
flashblock more often then not gave me a double up. first the flashblock "icon" and then the flash video itself. i found it simpler to just toggle flash (and those other media formats as well) off...

saves a nice bit of bandwidth to as i suspect the flash is still downloaded in the background with flashblock...

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I had numerous problems with microb browser locking up after Diablo conversion until I configured my N800 to NOT use Virtual Memory on my 8 GB SDHC Class 6 card.

It was quite repeatable, so I think that there must be a bug in the external memory routines.