How to non-destructively arrow back into text.

Added memory card. Should I turn on virtual memory. Max seems to be 128MB.

Can I copy A/V files onto this memory card using a windows PC? Will the N810 then play them? What is the best formats? How do I manage the folder stucture of the memory card. Similar to PC?

Thanks

Originally Posted by DanAre View Post
How to non-destructively arrow back into text.
With the d-pad.

Added memory card. Should I turn on virtual memory. Max seems to be 128MB.
That's the max, through the handy front-end, and you probably don't need more; it's generally a good idea.

Can I copy A/V files onto this memory card using a windows PC? Will the N810 then play them? What is the best formats? How do I manage the folder stucture of the memory card. Similar to PC?
Yes, and it will be able to play most anything with some level of success. (And do whatever you want with filesystem structure; this is a computer, so it's just as on a PC.) For best video playback, you probably want mplayer, rather than the built-in media player, as it gets much better performance on most high-res or high-bitrate video.

I don't do much video at all, so I can't give much advice for exact transcoding settings, but going 400x240 works well in general, as the tablets can do pixel-doubling in hardware which dodges a video-bandwidth issue that limits framerate for full-resolution playback. (That's a hardware issue, and independent of what player is used.)

I have had my n800 for over a year.My knowledge is quite limited when it comes to most of the input on this thread. However in certain instances I have added many apps to my tablet.I've been surprised at some of what I've accomplished.Now I'd really like to get the Debian,firefox 3 -java etc,but the process of doing it is not within my ability.So as a committed,dedicated,lover of the tablet how can there be a support system to help me utilize the tablet to it's fullest.I live in Denver Co if anyone is willing to help.

thanks
jerry