Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I have a problem on my n810 (running Diablo, if it makes a difference). I've tried searching the forums, couldn't find anything, but also I'm not really sure what to search for.

Anyways, when I try to play videos on my tablet, they come out in weird colours and with a lot of detail lost. The sound is still fine, and you can see the motion of the video. It does this for every video on my tablet, including the 2 videos that came on the tablet from Nokia.

One weird quirk of the problem is if I open the menu of the media player, or any of the drop down menus on the status bar applets, the video restores back to what its supposed to look like. It reverts back to the messed up state when I click back in the media player app. Its also not an app specific problem, because it does it in Media Player, mPlayer, UKMP, and Canola.

Before I never had any problems, the only thing I can think of different is the videos started doing that after I installed UKMP. But I'm pretty sure when I installed UKMP I testing out watching a video in it with no problem. I tried uninstalling UKMP, that didn't fix the problem.

I've attached pictures of the problem so you can have a better idea of what I'm talking about, and a better chance of diagnosing the problem.

Name:  2008-09-06-18366.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  78.8 KB
Name:  2008-09-06-18577.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  65.9 KB

see the last post in this thread

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hlight=mplayer

same issue

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I might put this one on Android. Been playing with 3rd party kernels?

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I did install Android, so thats probably what caused the problem. I haven't fixed it yet, seeing what my options are. Possible re-install of Android, or uninstall Android.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
Thanks. I did install Android, so thats probably what caused the problem. I haven't fixed it yet, seeing what my options are. Possible re-install of Android, or uninstall Android.
Flash the stock kernel back.

Alright. I was checking out how to uninstall Android and saw that it said reflashing would be necessary. Thanks for the confirmation.