hi clever people again,

i'm going to be doing some events using internet tablets and rather than videoing my hands using the tablet and projecting what the video see's i thought it would be nice if the projection was of what is actually on the internet tablet screen.... but how to do that? i wonder if you know? some cable to a laptop and a realtime viewer and projection thingy? thats about as far as i've got ... help.... and to make it worse there may be serveral people using tablets.

super thank you

ddw

Originally Posted by moshing View Post
hi clever people again,

i'm going to be doing some events using internet tablets and rather than videoing my hands using the tablet and projecting what the video see's i thought it would be nice if the projection was of what is actually on the internet tablet screen.... but how to do that? i wonder if you know? some cable to a laptop and a realtime viewer and projection thingy? thats about as far as i've got ... help.... and to make it worse there may be serveral people using tablets.

super thank you

ddw
VNC should do the trick.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
i've used vnc but never with one of these will i be able to connect via a wire to the pc? i'll have to dig the manual out won't i? i'm thinking wire as it would be a more reliable connection. but please tell me if i'm wrong

Use VNC server on your n810 and then VNC viewer on the computer that is linked to the projector. You will need an Internet connection for this though.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackdoor For This Useful Post:
is there not a cable solution, the last time i used internet abroad i ended up with a bill for over £1000 from just a few hours useage

if i were in this situation, i would connect my NIT to my laptop via adhoc wireless. then you could use vnc without going over the internet and incurring charges.

there may be a way to do it via a usb device that doesn't involve a pc or laptop; but i doubt it would be as simple as this.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
adhoc wireless, what would that be again?

Wifi, without an access point.

Alternatively, you could use an AP of your own, with no internet connection. (This is the easiest way, if equipment is not a problem.)

If you really want a wired connection, your only option is USB; you can do USB->laptop networking, but i've never got that to work with Windows. You could do USB->ethernet, which I've done, and then use an ethernet switch to hook up the tablets and laptop.

But it's easiest to just set up a WiFi network.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
You can set up a direct connection between your nit and a computer over wifi. You can then use this to share an internet connection or do vnc or whatever as if you were on a network. There is also a way to connect the nit to a computer over usb but I only used it in linux. Don't know if windows can do that... Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to jpt000 For This Useful Post: