Hi all,
we know the Mplayer on N810 can play so many types of the audio and video,and the Mplayer can decode lots of streams.
The N810 can decode the streams by hardware and software ,but I don't know which streams decode by the hardware and which by software.
And how the N810 transfer them.
If anyone know,please tell me.
thanks
B&R
whiallays:

suck as:mp3,acc,ogg,m4a,wma,wmv,mp4,avi,3gp,
which is decode by hardware ,and which is by software.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
They're all decoded by software. The osso-media-server decodes mp3,acc,m4a,wma,wmv,mp4,avi,3gp using the DSP while mplayer decodes them using the CPU. mogg adds Ogg support to the osso-media-server, but decodes using the CPU.
But both, the DSP and CPU run software. Decoding is not wired on hardware-level.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Espooi, Finland
I wish MPlayer would tackle .ivr (a RealPlayer format), too.

thank you pycage!
And if the osso-media-server decodes those types by software,which library it calls, I also need to call the library ,so how can I do.

B&R
whiallays

Hi,
whether I can install the ffmpeg library on N810 or not, I had tryed it ,but I failed. because the ffmpeg need the version of the libc is 2.7.1,but the N810 is 2.5. I tryed to upgrade it ,but also failed, so I think whether I can call the osso-media-server's lib,
Do you think the ffmpeg can install on N810.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zp520lly View Post
And if the osso-media-server decodes those types by software,which library it calls, I also need to call the library ,so how can I do.
This library is gstreamer: http://maemo.org/development/documen...ultimedia.html

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zp520lly View Post
Hi,
whether I can install the ffmpeg library on N810 or not, I had tryed it ,but I failed. because the ffmpeg need the version of the libc is 2.7.1,but the N810 is 2.5. I tryed to upgrade it ,but also failed, so I think whether I can call the osso-media-server's lib,
Do you think the ffmpeg can install on N810.
Yes, it can be installed. FFmpeg does not need any version of libc, but is distributed in source form. You can compile it for the device.

Thank you Serge, the N810 can install some software by apt-get install,and it can resolve the dependece ,but it also need the libc 2.7. you said it does not need the version of libc. so how can I do .
I can compile the source on N810 and the install it ?

I need a library named libavformat that belong to the ffmpeg, when I apt-get libavformat-dev,and the error is "the version `GLIBC_2.7' not found .".So what can I do? And the N810 have not gcc compiler,I must compiler the source on scrachbox ,copy the file into N810,but it also need the lib.so crazy!what's wrong?