Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ireland
Hi Everyone
I am going on my holidays to Florida on Sat 4/Oct/2008 and my N800 is at deaths door!!.
I land in Tampa and intend to spend a week in St.Pete/Saratoga. Then head down to Miami and up to Orlando - Flying to Newyork 21st Oct. I would like to buy a second hand N8x0 whilst in Florida.
I will only be able to buy from someone in person and I will be paying cash, as I haven't booked any hotels yet, Mind you if we can do a deal there could be a pint in it!

Thanks maurice

Please contact me with model & price and general area
at: mh devere at gmail com

Or leave a post here Thanks
I am from ireland and I am genuine and I was hoping to use my nearly dead N800 for satnav.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Hi Maurice...

I don't have an N8x0 for sale... in fact, I have a friend who is looking to buy one, as well...

Originally Posted by Maurice1
and intend to spend a week in St.Pete/Saratoga.
This will really rack up the frequent flier miles, as St. Pete is on the western coast halfway down the state of Florida, while Saratoga is in Upstate New York, about 30 miles north of Albany (the state capital)... Saratoga has a racetrack of some notariety.

You probably meant Sarasota, which is south of St. Petersburg... go across the Sunshine Skyway, past Bradenton, and then into Sarasota.

hi briand you're right about sarasota, i'm heading over in the morning, doesn't anyone want to upgrade to a wimax and sell their old n800 for cash?
Or does anyone know of a good shop around there that stocks n8x0?
thanks maurice

Last edited by maurice1; 2008-10-03 at 23:26.

Hi!
I bought my N800 at TigerDirect in Miami (826 and Flagler St.). I just checked their site and the N800 no longer shows, the do have the N810 listed for $350. You should call and ask if they have them in stock prior to going to the store.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to homelinux For This Useful Post:
thanks homelinux, I'm still in tampa but hope to go down to miami next week. I will go to that shop as i reckon that shops that sell nit are alwaysworth a look!.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ S. Florida
You can also try stopping by the CompUSA in Clearwater, FL (just up the road on Highway US19 - same company as TigerDirect), but coming to the Flagler TigerDirect Store or ordering it online while you are here is probably your best bet.

thanks guys for all your help, i got a n800 in compusa brandon yesterday for $220. it took them a while to realise that they had one left !
thanks again
maurice

Great dude!
When I bought mine they had plenty, seems like they are only selling the N810 now. I really don't see myself upgrading yet, although the lack of a physical keyboard is getting to me.

Have fun with your new toy.

The Following User Says Thank You to homelinux For This Useful Post:
Hi HomeLinux,
Went down to Tiger in Flager Street (Mall Americas). I left my suitcase with all my Irish clothes in the trunk (to save carrying them up to the hotel rooms) including the box and accessories from my brand new N800 in the trunk, The N800 was in my pocket.

Strolled around Tiger and came out to my car (Sebring) and somehow someone opened the trunk and stole my bag, but didn't damage the car (thank God).

When I mentioned it to different Americans - their initial question was, was it at gunpoint that I was robbed, when I explained it wasn't they seemed to think I was lucky!!!

So my advice to anyone thinking of visiting Mall Americas is to make sure that there is nothing worth robbing in the car. When the Police arrived another motorist reported having had their window smashed.

My insurance doesn't cover unattended luggage - which seems mental to me!

Anyway back home now to the rain

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Robbery involves the taking of something by force or by threat of force, hence you'd need to be present at the time.

Burglary is what occurred in your situation.

playing the part of Mr. Semantics, our own: briand

Last edited by briand; 2008-10-29 at 14:32.