Notices

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I have just uploaded an alpha Maemo WordPy's 1.0 version to the extras-devel repository.

I am searching for people who wants to test it since the change with respect to the previous version (0.6.1) is big and I need all possible help in order that the final version is as stable as possible

So, if you have a blog (Wordpress/Blogger/Livejournal), you don't mind to have unstable software installed and you like to help me to improve Maemo WordPy, go forward!

This version is in extras-devel repository yet (logically), to install it you will need to add this repository temporarily to the application manager. I recommend hardly after this you deactivate this repository.

If some thing doesn't work in Maemo WordPy, there's a log window in the menu, in which possibly there will be some text about the error (probably not very understandable for the end user), it would be good if you would give feedback here about what didn't work and the error showed in the log.
In the final version there will be a more automatic system to give feedback (like Mauku does), but till now it's what exists

What's New in this version
There's an infinity of changes, the most important are:

* Revamped UI, thanks to the feedback from ARJWright, who has been proclaimed Maemo WordPy's UI designer
* Livejournal support.
* Edit posts already published (published, drafts...).
* Manage status of the posts (you can change a draft post to published easily)
* Option for autosave posts every X minutes.
* Schedule Wordpress/Blogger posts.
* More, more and more.

Any comment, bug report, feature request is welcome. Anyway, if you haven't a blog, you still can test the UI, and give feedback about it.
If you are a graphic designer and you want design a logo for Maemo WordPy, I will be very grateful.

Some screenshots of the new UI:
Attached Images

Last edited by yerga; 2008-10-13 at 18:02. Reason: english typos

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Nice! Just tried and it seems to work.. Just a quick note.. it's really slower to start than the older version! Do you think you can improve it?
Anyway, great work!

Originally Posted by sKaBoy View Post
Nice! Just tried and it seems to work.. Just a quick note.. it's really slower to start than the older version! Do you think you can improve it?
Anyway, great work!
Thanks.

Yes, it's something I want to improve for the final version (now it takes 14s in start), I hope improve it at least until 10 s. Also I am thinking in show a splash window and give some feedback to the user while it's loading.

I used maemowordpy today to post some screenshots and i think i've found a problem.. i add a local image to a post but when i try to resize it it seems to exchange width and height... strange!

The Following User Says Thank You to sKaBoy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sKaBoy View Post
I used maemowordpy today to post some screenshots and i think i've found a problem.. i add a local image to a post but when i try to resize it it seems to exchange width and height... strange!
Thanks. I have to investigate it, but it seems a bug I *should* have fixed months ago. Perhaps I mixed code from different releases.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
I am very new to the Internet Tablet and just got my Nokia N810 couple of days ago. i blog a lot so right now am running the older version of the marmowordpy. one question
does it support network proxy? i have set my school's proxy configuration in the network profile. but am dont think your program uses that when it connects to the internet. if the anwser is no .. then i would be really nice if you can add proxy support to the app
keepup the good work .

My Blog

Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
I am very new to the Internet Tablet and just got my Nokia N810 couple of days ago. i blog a lot so right now am running the older version of the marmowordpy. one question
does it support network proxy? i have set my school's proxy configuration in the network profile. but am dont think your program uses that when it connects to the internet. if the anwser is no .. then i would be really nice if you can add proxy support to the app
keepup the good work .
Well, the answer is no. But because nobody had asked it before. I will add it to the maemo wordpy's todo list. Thanks.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Well, the answer is no. But because nobody had asked it before. I will add it to the maemo wordpy's todo list. Thanks.
the above statement is really what makes FLOSS rock. thanks for the prompt reply and i will be watching out for any update. its people like you that makes using open source software soo much fun. thanks and keep up the good work

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Hi. Just installed this last night. The one thing I'd like, and it is a hold over from the previous version is to assign the blog to post to without visiting the settings area. On my mac blogging app I can specify the blog to post to on the fly.

I'm not sure if I missed it in the last version but the ability to post to Flickr from MWP was extremely helpful this morning.

Love the new interface, the ability to see / edit old posts, all look like great features... but none of it works for me all I get when I put in my blogger account info and hit get blogs is the "getting blogs" dialog forever

Nothing useful in the log, just says "running in a device"