Notices

I'm using the built-in E-mail client on the latest OS2008, 4.2008.36-5 and it keeps telling me that messages are not available on the server. However, when I use the Mac OS X Mail client, the messages are on the server. There seems to be no recognizable pattern to this; some messages are available, some aren't. The only consistent thing is that E-mail is lying to me, because the messages it claims aren't availabe are on the server.

I'm using IMAP, with E-Mail configured to download messages and attachments.

I like the LED notification of the built-in E-mail app, but I'll give that up and switch back to claws-mail so I can actually read my incoming messages.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
You can debug the server connection by starting an X Terminal window and entering

export "CAMEL_DEBUG"="all"

to enable the debug mode of the mail library, and after that

/usr/bin/maemo-summoner /usr/bin/modest.launch showui > log 2>&1

to start the email application. Then try to connect to the mailserver. You will get a logfile named "log".

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Anytime I've gotten that message is when my tablet has indicated I have an email, and then before I end up reading it I get the notification on my PC (through Thunderbird) that the same email has been downloaded there. If I try to access the email on the tablet, it says the message is unavailable.

At least that was my assumption to what was happening. It never seemed to be a problem because I always had the email, just not on the tablet.