Active Topics

Notices

Its great the Canola2 finally has "Browse by folder" since all my music is arranged by folders. However, when I am adding music to "On the Go" playlist it hard to tell what is in it already. When I am deep inside a folder tree, I need quite few click to get the On The Go List. Long clicking the return arrow takes to start of Canola2 and then I still need to click all way to get the on the go playlist.

Is there any way to quickly go the current on the go playlist and switch right back to current location in Browse by folder? Otherwise it seem to take quite few clicks. As of now, the first xmms build is faster clickwise to add in songs.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Thureeen,

Actually browse by folder is on for more than 6 months
anyhow I understood your concern, and today there's not way to do that. I jump to quick list (and back) would be very welcoming for those creating huge playlist.
To be honest, we think that the way on the go are done today is not the optimal way for playlist lovers. I would say that a 2 column view would be perfect for that or at least one that gives you this ability to look and go back to add mode.

Anyhow this is a great use case that should be addressed when designing the updates!

Thanks for the insight!

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post: