Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I really like the Denemo application, but I'd like to get it paired up and working with Timidity to do simple playback on my N800.

I've installed both, but they don't seem to "connect".

Researching the Timidity application, it seems like there is some further tweaking that must be performed in an xterm window, BUT the few notes on the garage page don't seem to match what was installed from the .deb.

Can anyone help me out in getting this to work?

A follow-up...the Timidity data (instruments and config file) appeared in the list of applications (Thanks to whomever posted it!) and now Denemo plays!!

I'm still having problems with getting it to play at a louder volume, the dynamic notation (f,ff,fff) doesn't seem to make any difference.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Hi,
I'm glad you find the Denemo port usefull.
I didn't want to bundle timidity and timidity-data together because the data is quite big.
Fred

Yeah i'm using Denemo and Timidity and they seem to play quite nicely together.

Only problem is that i cant open existing Midi files in Denemo for some reason - it always gives me an error.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
it is only a port (with minor hildonization work done) ...

BUG: the Articulation Palette display "hangs" (i.e. it displays, but doesn't select or close).

SUGGESTION: any way to allow a command line on the TIMIDITY external to allow the user to configuration a louder volume? The default is 70 and it can go up to 800. I can barely hear anything on the playback as it is with the overall N800 volume controls up at the max.