Active Topics

Hi.
I would like to ask you if you use a screen protector for the device ?
I saw it's only 5$ on Ebay. Is it better to use the device with a screen protector ?
and what is the best way to clean the screen ?
I have a new device and I afraid it will have signs on the screen.

is it ok to use the screen with my finger or it's better only with the pen ?

thank you

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I would say a $5 screen protector would be a valuable addition to your serveral hundred dollar unit (better scratch that then the screen, IOW).

I find that oftentimes the pen works better than my finger. Mileage may vary. As well there's the issue if you use your IT to watch videos, 'cause the pen doesn't leave prints .
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

I use invisibleSHIELD and like it very much, however, I noticed that if I don't clean it (with a soft cloth and an eye glasses cleaner) the stylus doesn't glide as smooth. I think the eye glass cleaner provides a thin film of oil? however that's not required and you can just use any piece of cloth.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
I don't use a protector on my N800, because I think the screen will last the life of the device. I value the convenience and increased sensitivity of not using a protector (not to mention saving the five quid that it would cost).

Fingerprints are easily wiped away, and the stylus doesn't cause any damage.

But once the kids were using the tablet during a car journey and got a bit carried away. The screen now has the tiniest little scratch - not enough to affect the operation of the device, but just enough to feel the scratch when sliding the stylus across it.

Roger

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by gavriel20 View Post
I would like to ask you if you use a screen protector for the device ?
I don't, although I better should have there are some scratches on it now.

and what is the best way to clean the screen ?
Those little coth thingies they sell for glasses. Best IMHO.

is it ok to use the screen with my finger or it's better only with the pen ?
Both is 'OK', but you'll notice that when using it with your fingers, you'll find yourself cleaning it much more often.
The stylus is ideal for such a device, keeps it clean, makes it easier to use and is more precise. I tried using my fingers once in the beginning and will not do so again.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
I don't use a protector on my N800, because I think the screen will last the life of the device.
Considering that my previous screen lasted less than a year you may well be right
However, even with the new screen I'm using a screen protector, this time it cost me $1.41 shipped