Ok my problem is that i want to install a program that requires me to get the ncurses-base and the libpcap0.8 = 9.3.1 i think and libpcre3 = 4.5 i have the lib files but when i use ap manager it hits me with incompatible error. I have read the forums non-stop for a solution i have found that xterm command that actually installs the file through there i know how to gain root and i herd of apt-get and i think i read a command install i think but not sure , any what i need is if some one can actually post the command line to use apt-get or to install the lib files and the ncurses-base in xterminal,

thank you in advance

this os is like useing ubuntu right i see that the file system in use to install is .deb

P.S i am running the latest diablo release

it tell me packages are missing

Please guys can you help i would realy appreciated

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Being exact would be helpful. Currently this is still to me in "my car doesn't work, tell me online how to fix this" state. ;-)

"i have the lib files" - where and from where? From a Maemo repository?

"i think i read a command install i think but not sure" - don't get that one.

"this os is like useing ubuntu right" - well, the OS is debian package based, and Ubuntu and Debian are too.

"it tell me packages are missing". which ones?