Active Topics

Under OS2006, I am still experienced problems with turning on my Nokia 770 when under battery power, i.e., the unit would not turn on no matter what how long or briefly one presses the power button... so have other users apparently. The solution is always to plug in the AC adapter and then the unit can be powered up successfully after waiting a little bit to enter the "charging" state.

I have reflashed the unit and tried to play with various configuration options, even trying to powerup without the MMC card... but that hasn't yielded any useful clues. All I can think is that even though the battery is shown as fairly charged perhaps it isn't and the unit can't quite power up.

Any other users experiencing this problem? What to do?

-- Denis

I had the same problem twice.

Me too. But I do not think that it is OS 2006 related. Had it on 2005 also.
Sometimes, I tend to think that it is related to be battery being drained, even though the battery status reports it as being full. Adaptor gives it a quick jolt and it will restart. The irritating thing is that it means you will have to carry the power adaptor with you at all times, just in case.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
I have the problem and for me it appears to occur most often when attempting to do things wirelessly i.e. streaming to the Audio/Video players or downloads where the Nokia is not happy and cannot achieve task for numerous technical reasons. (dropping wi-fi connection and re-connecting as local link address is a good sign user is attempting to achieve something on the Nokia 770, in an unexpected way etc)

In my case I believe there to be NO or Low power in the battery at the specific time as it's indicating a low state (1 brown bar), however after giving it a quick jolt with the charger, and getting it to re-start the battery is over half full?

So, it seems to happen when battery is being drained and the unit powers down incorrectly because it believes the battery is extremely low and shuts down the unit?

Maybe certain wireless task just put such a heavy load on the battery when pulling larger amounts of data wirelessly and temporarily puts the battery into a strange state?