Notices

Was wondering if there was skins / replacements for the onscreen keyboard.
Looking for bigger on-screen keys.

Iv'e got big thumbs and I gave up trying to use the fold out keyboard.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
There is a full-screen thumbboard, which can be activated (if you change a setting) by tapping the textbox with your thumb instead of a stylus. The detection is less than perfect, but if you have *really* big thumbs, it will likely improve it :P
I'm not sure if you can turn that on by default, because I don't have my tablet in front of me. Check the control panel.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Thanks for replying.. Yes, I have it set to thum board only.
It comes up when I use onscreen..
Was wanting something even bigger.. and maybe some type of keyboard skin..

Some people have made additional keyboard layouts with ukeyboard but I don't know if anyone has made one with especially larger keys.
It would probably be worthwhile figuring out ukeyboard and making your own - there is a util you can install to test out keyboard layouts as your writing them.

As for skinning, that's usually done with the different themes - I'm not sure if you can change the colour for example without using a different theme.

Yeah, ukeyboard can do this no problem, although my use of it is rather the opposite. I'm not sure if you're thinking of splitting alpha keys over two pages or what to fit bigger keys on, but you should be able to do it.