Active Topics

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
... unfortunately it was cynical and in 'Off Topic'.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I don't believe you!

Jeez, I would take a problem thread any day over the endless "Where is the N900", "Nokia is going to die", threads.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
... unfortunately it was cynical and in 'Off Topic'.
Well, it's always good to see you, even if you have completely ruined all that we've worked so hard to create here. Next time you stop in, please try to bring a problem. No need to go to a lot of trouble; any of the old standbys will do.

Oh, none of that, "I can't even find a tablet for sale in Canada," stuff though. I mean, sheesh, it's Canada. Why should Nokia fight to move product in a market where the cheapest cell phone plan costs more than the median income of the nation?

Geez, if nothing else, paint something about iPhones, Android, Atom, and the end of the world on the old sandwich board and work up a good rant. That stuff never gets old. Use hyphens.

You should be glad, the most depressing threads are those saying 'How long do you think this site will last?'. Nearly all sites I've seen with threads like that die soon after.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Use hyphens.
I really really really wish there was a "Thanks" button in OT.

Listen, if you had just bothered to do a search then you'd see that we've already covered threads that arent about problems.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Oh, none of that, "I can't even find a tablet for sale in Canada," stuff though. I mean, sheesh, it's Canada. Why should Nokia fight to move product in a market where the cheapest cell phone plan costs more than the median income of the nation?
You make the plans sound so cheap... You might be right though, there may be a plan like that, a kind of "lost leader" to suck people in to trying out a new service. "Only $200 a month +$5 per text! for the first 6 months"

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Charlotte, NC
Watch out, it is the small print that hangs you up every time.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
no complaint here...move on nothing to see here