Active Topics

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I wanted to test out Carman and I knew it was a large install so I checked my available disk space (using the Advanced Power applet). That applet reported I had about 12 mb free.

I opened up the Application Manager, went to Browse Installable Applications. At first nothing showed up, so I refreshed the list. I navigated to Carman (using the Search function). I again checked my available disk space, but the available memory is now reported as being 5.4 mb. Since then it has now dropped to 3.4 mb.

What happened?

Hardware: N810
OS Version: 5.2008.43-7

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Update:

The tablet seems to not want to write any new data to the device memory. (ie, errors in Maemo Mapper when exiting or trying to track info, trying to make new sketches in liqbase).

It also doesn't seem to read any cookies for the web browswer (password info, page settings etc)

Weird thing is, this happened out of the blue. It also happened a couple weeks ago. I was about to reflash the tablet, when it fixed itself. So I really don't know what to think.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Your rootfs is full. Either you uninstall some app, get rid of images, music etc. from /home/user/MyDocs/ or - better - you clone your rootfs elsewhere (flash memory) with much more space. Beware - going on ignoring the space problem might give you trouble

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I think I removed some small programs last time and it helped clear up the larger issue.