Notices

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
It seems impossible, but multiple searches came up empty: Paolo Sessa (of N800 Video Converter fame) has hugely upgraded his program, and renamed it PSVideoConverter.

And apparently no mention of this ever made it to this forum. For shame...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Thx! I just tried it and it works GREAT. It's fast, I like it a lot better than handbrake already.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I was pleased with this until I found out it's a Windows ap. I changed to Linux years ago. There is one available for Linux from a different source but I've had poor luck with it's output working on the tablet. Perhaps it's cockpit trouble.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
yup, seems like windows only.
But its really fast, I'm really happy. Left it a couple of hours and encoded 6 or so movies. I have the feeling my N800 is going to get more usage as a MID in the next week than all the months I've had it.

Last edited by eliagp; 2009-03-01 at 03:08.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by fragos View Post
I was pleased with this until I found out it's a Windows ap. I changed to Linux years ago. There is one available for Linux from a different source but I've had poor luck with it's output working on the tablet. Perhaps it's cockpit trouble.
If you feel like rolling up your sleeves: PSVideoConverter is basically a cleverly set up (Windows) frontend to mplayer and mencoder.

He made it bloomingly fast though...

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I was pleased with this until I found out it's a Windows ap.
The odd thing is that the screenshots on his site show it working in what looks like a Gnome desktop. Maybe it's a .NET/Mono app, or he's running it in wine?

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
The heavy lifting was done by mencoder and mplayer -- open source packages common on Linux systems. It would be helpful if this guy would publish his source as is done for all open source packages.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The heavy lifting was done by mencoder and mplayer -- open source packages common on Linux systems. It would be helpful if this guy would publish his source as is done for all open source packages.
Go ask him. He seems like a nice guy.

When I add a file and again when I click start I get a pop up box with 'floating point division by zero'. From here on in the program sits with the file at 'ready' any ideas?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
When I add a file and again when I click start I get a pop up box with 'floating point division by zero'. From here on in the program sits with the file at 'ready' any ideas?
i'm having the same problem, the old program still works wonderfull though. I tried it out before. I also just tried out nokia's video convertor and the file wouldn't even play in the default media player. It did play in mplayer but wasn't watchable because of the stuttering.

edit:
found a way around the "division by zero" error :
Start the program select a movie and a division by zero error will popup. click ok on the error and then the close button so that the program quits, it should make some settings and ini file in the directory where you "installed" it. Just start the application again and your previous selected movie will still be in there then press start to start converting You can also add other movies now without getting the division by zero error. at least i did not get it anymore

Last edited by joyrider3774; 2009-03-22 at 21:24.