Active Topics

Notices

Any MP3 Player Browseable by Folder?

Getting tired of hundreds of songs listed and making playlists.
Thanks.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Any MP3 Player Browseable by Folder?

Getting tired of hundreds of songs listed and making playlists.
Thanks.
Kilikali used to be able to, although I have to admit that, after looking for one minute at their last version with the -- bleh! -- kinetic scrolling, I uninstalled it immediately.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Yes I installed it the other day, then uninstalled pronto. Dumps them all in one playlist though it's better than the rest so far, so I just reinstalled. Thanks.

Last edited by TheOne; 2009-03-08 at 17:01.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Canola has a browse by folder mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Kilikali used to be able to, although I have to admit that, after looking for one minute at their last version with the -- bleh! -- kinetic scrolling, I uninstalled it immediately.
What's wrong with kinetic scrolling? Personally, I love it (generally speaking, haven't seen the implementation in that specific application).

Media Box has browse by folder. Its very nicely done, too

Last edited by Aisu; 2009-03-08 at 18:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
I like the interface but initially uninstalled Kilikali since I can't drag the playhead seeker back & forth and thought there must be some file-manager type based mp3 player as on most devices somewhere. I need that playhead dragging for a lot of 2 hour lectures & occassional audio books or albums as one long file but for these I installed Panucci which bookmarks on exit too.

Will check my Mediabox for the umpteenth time but frankly these big media apps inc. Canola & UKMP drive me up the wall with their interfaces, taking 5 minutes to load, looking for covers on the web and leaving junk everywhere. Kilikali's best so far for a quick job.

Last edited by TheOne; 2009-03-08 at 17:49.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I have a love/hate thing with media box....love the look of it, and some of the features, but its just not very...intuitve or user friendly in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
Media box works with folder icon (on the main menu & 1st)> browse. Then crazy little icons like the mini-orb on file name (ditto weird mini triangles next to non working major icons) to make it play. Stopped refresh search at start in prefs. Oh yeah and lookout for normal, repeat, shuffle etc, on the 'main bottom menu' of media chooser on the right mini panel. Mad. If you come back to it & controls & display's wacked out, try quiting but cancel to refresh. I guess one gets used to it's strange back icons too. Will use it for major sessions but for quick jobs, kilikali. Thanks all.

Will check Canola next.

Last edited by TheOne; 2009-03-08 at 18:34.

I'm a browse by folder guy, but after Canola, there's no turning back. I love the interface.