Hi Folks!

I would be interested in how many of you are using skype on there pc, mac as voip phone, i really like the ability to make calls with the nokia, but all of my friends have skype and no one, and i mean really no one is phoning with googletalk.

I dont want to talk about the protocols that are being used, i know that skype uses a propietary protocol, and google is using jabber but this doesnt help me, when i have a empty buddielist

Regards Sebastian

PS: I am not working for skype, i dont actually like it, but i used it

This VoIP stuff puts Nokia whose primary business is cell phones into an interesting position. I would think there would be a lot of suits at Nokia feeling rather uncomfortable with providing any free VoIP services on the 770, seems to eat in to there bread and butter.

your friends at skype. well.
..and how about gizmoproject?
i use that one. available both for PC and 770.
with call-out fnction, etc.

your freinds on skype can call you if you get an ipkall number and google2voip
i havent figered out the other way yet.

It seems that the whole world uses Skype, very few use GT.

Also, why does the newly announced Sony MYLO web tablet (which will run Linux) have a Skype client, and the 770 doesn't??

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by TechnoDoc
Also, why does the newly announced Sony MYLO web tablet (which will run Linux) have a Skype client, and the 770 doesn't??
Don't know, maybe it is better to directly ask these guys: http://skype.com/ ? As Skype is closed source software, nobody else can make Skype client for Nokia 770.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
As far as I understood from Skype, is the processor power and lack of memory the main reason why Skype isn't ported towards the Nokia 770.

The Mylo has more internal memory. I don't know the processor power.

Cheers, Jan

Originally Posted by TechnoDoc
It seems that the whole world uses Skype, very few use GT.

The Skype client is coded using QT from Trolltech, and AFAIK cannot run on 770. The Mylo also uses QT and does not have the same restriction.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Gizmo Project user.

Omega
omegaone37@mac.com