Notices

Hi,
I work with a little known foreign language. It uses mostly a roman alphabet, but we use a barred-i in the place of a back accented a in our unicode fonts. Is there anyway to edit the font that FBReader uses so that I can change the back accented a (à) to a barred i? Or is there anyway to have FBReader use my font (a TTF) in place of the one it uses?

That way I could use FBReader to read documents I've written in the language.

Also is there a way to increase and or decrease the size of the font used in FBReader?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to kkkkkbruce For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Install new ttf to /usr/share/fonts , run (as root) "fc-cache -fs && /etc/init.d/maemo-launcher force-reload". Run FBreader, go to options > styles > options for: Base and knock yerself out.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Hey thanks for the help! It worked great for getting the correct font there, but for some reason FBReader still displays some characters oddly. I assume it has to do with the character encoding used, and I've tried several of the options, but none seem to make it 100%. I did find that with leafpad I can display the text files just fine now that I have the fonts installed tho, and I can even edit them there. Thanks again!

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
i did those steps and now fbreader is not running
it is appearing for a second then it is disappearing.
ok solved but there is a problem about my device
it is not running some apps. without root access
for example
usbcontrol doesnt run from menu.
i run it by terminal as root
now it is same for fbreader

also it seems encoding problem is not solved
i installed a turkish font and i choosed it from style/font/base
but still same
solved by changing encoding type to Unicode UTF8

Last edited by McLightning; 2009-07-21 at 10:44.