Active Topics

Notices

I would love to listen to the NPR music which uses the NPR.org player.
But on the N810 how do I play their streams ?

Of particular interest was the Cohen 2 disk set that he played in London which is on NPR.org at
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=102042655

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

The npr media player is implemented in flash and plays as-is on my n810 with the standard web browser. Indeed, I am listening to the concert as I type this response You just have to be patient while the player downloads and the music buffers up. Enjoy!

Another option: NPR has podcasts for most of their shows, several of which I pull into gPodder. Then I can download & listen offline. But the podcasts usually only have recent items. I haven't figured out how to download older items, for example:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=17095866

In my case, I'm listening in the car, so streaming wouldn't work for me.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Hong Kong/Vancouver
I'm not sure about the music channels but I listen to NPR's streaming news using the N810's desktop 'Internet radio' all the time.

I did that by going to NPR.org, and instead of click on the '24-hour Program Stream' icon on the top of the page, click 'Radio' under 'Services' on that navigation bar on the left of the page. Then I select 'NPR Worldwide' and you will see an option to 'Please set a preferred player for NPR audio..'.

I picked 'Real' and N810's media player will launch, then you can just 'bookmark' that stream and afterward this station will show up as an option on the desktop 'Internet radio' widget.

Hope this is helpful and good luck.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humgarling For This Useful Post: