Active Topics

dies in 3 hrs with 30 percent battery. just sitting there on my desk

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Did you read all the others (fresh) topics about the same problem ?

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on May 2009 @ England
Check out this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28909

It really helped me solve my battery problems!! Now I'm lasting 7 hours! I've never been so happy!

*wonders off doing a happy dance*

i searched up but only found old stuff. ill look again. and thanks genius ill check ur thread as well

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
ill look again.
Also:
  • How long have you had your tablet and--more importantly--your tablet's battery?
  • If your tablet is a recent purchase, did you buy it new, open box, or used?
  • Is your tablet's battery of genuine Nokia make, or is it an inexpensive purchase from eBay or the like?

Your tablet's run times sound like those my N800 managed after I heavily used and abused its battery for about a year. With a new, genuine Nokia battery, happiness returned.

I specify "genuine Nokia battery" because your run times also sound like those provided by cheap knock-off batteries commonly sold on eBay for a few bucks. On the plus side, the cheap eBay batteries do often come with a desktop battery charger...that probably won't short out and burn down your house.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
ive had it for 2 weeks. brand new battery came with it. i bought it new from expansys.

Have you installed lots of programmes on it? Some of them can drain the battery.

Have you also updated to the latest version of OS?? Reflashing it to the newest version of Maemo might be a good place to start if you haven't already.

i have alot of programs installed. and ya im running diablo

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
i bought it new from expansys.
I bought a USB print server "new" from Expansys. That print server turned out to be used.

Also, at least one person purchased a "new" tablet from Expansys that turned out to be a prototype device. Obviously, Nokia didn't provide it to Expansys for sale, and prototype devices don't have warranty support from Nokia, nor can they be flashed with normal firmware.

I'm not saying Expansys shipped you something other than a brand new, retail tablet. I'm just warning you the company seems to engage in shady practices at times.

Do you have any that run all the time? Like the home aps? They can effect it the most from what I've been told

Also leaving programmes loaded while it's idling can drain the battery.

You could also try installing Load-applet. That'll let you see what is drawing on the CPU. Either that or enter "top" in the X Terminal.

Last edited by Stupid Little Genius; 2009-06-03 at 14:24.