Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Bought my N810 for 'like-new/not used' for 9 dollars less than buy.com is selling them for (grrr....but anyway...)....

It's being shipped from Tulsa, OK to me here in California....

Following it..uh...multiple times/day..on the tracking site...

US: 5/6, 11/37: Billing Information received
Tulsa, OK: 8/6, 15:32 Collection Scan
Tulsa, OK: 8/6, 19:18 Origin Scan
Tulsa, OK: 8/6, 21:54 Departure Scan
Oklahoma City, OK: 9/6: 0:32 Arrival Scan
Oklahoma City, OK: 9/6: 6:01 Departure Scan

It's been a day and a half now without any updates sigh.....
Estimated delivery time is 6/15 (!!!) Wtf...are they delivering this darn box by foot?

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
You should have just tacked this on to the end of this thread

It's agonizing, I know.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
lol, hillarious...almost identical to mine

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
lol, hillarious...almost identical to mine
you thought i was pullin yer chain when i said i was in the same position as you huh

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
you thought i was pullin yer chain when i said i was in the same position as you huh
So, since we obviously were separated at birth I have to ask you (and I may have to read that whole thread you linked as well);

a) How was it when you received it?
Were you happy with the look, size and feel?
Were you happy with the speed, functions?

b) What were the first three things you did with it?

a) How was it when you received it?
Were you happy with the look, size and feel?
Were you happy with the speed, functions?

b) What were the first three things you did with it?

a) It was nice and shiny (got it brand-spankin new)
Well I knew what it looked like from hours of googling.

The size what also about what I expected, maybe a little heavier than I thought it would be (but then again, i can't read xx ounces or xx kg and have an idea of how much that actually weighs)

It felt pretty good, tho the keyboard takes just a bit of getting used to. For a while, every time i hit space, it didn't register cuz i was hitting it too lightly. I'm over that problem now.

as far as speed goes, i had an idea of what to expect, cuz i used to have a pc that was 400mhz with 128mb ram. And actually, based off that, it was faster and more responsive than i had expected.

functions-wise, I had a good expectation going into it. i already knew what apps i wanted to try. also, the gps worked better than the people b*tching about it had made it out to be.

b) Well i plugged it in, turned it on, and ran through the setup

But seriously.... hmmm... i got online. checked to see that i had the latest version of the os (which i did). enabled extras, and REALLY went nuts downloading apps. then i ran maemo mapper INSIDE and got a gps lock in about 5 or 6 minutes. later on, after i had charged the puppy up, i took it outside and got a fix in about a minute. i even went so far as to take it down the street on foot with the option selected that draws a line where u've been, and proceeded to walk in semi-circles, seeing if the device would keep up... it did.

all in all, it's pretty neat.

Well I knew what it looked like from hours of googling.
Gosh, don't tell me you also spent a LOT of time on youtube..? I think I've seen EVERY video on youtube featuring the N810 by now...some..2-3 times... I'm sick...

functions-wise, I had a good expectation going into it. i already knew what apps i wanted to try. also, the gps worked better than the people b*tching about it had made it out to be.
LOL, I have....created a small s/sheet listing all the apps I want to try out

b) Well i plugged it in, turned it on, and ran through the setup
Makes me think, since mine is just like-new, I'm thinking that the first thing I should do is flashing it? I remember seeing a link somewhere here showing how to do that. May be nice to start 'fresh'.

later on, after i had charged the puppy up, i took it outside and got a fix in about a minute. i even went so far as to take it down the street on foot with the option selected that draws a line where u've been, and proceeded to walk in semi-circles, seeing if the device would keep up... it did.
You just had to tell me that didn't you... Now I HAVE to do that...

I had it worse than you. My laptop's mobo was shot, so I was restricted to surfing the web on a PSP :"( I could only *poorly* read about it and look at pics.

The sh*tting out of my laptop was actually what made me discover the N810... strange how things work out.

///EDIT

totally flash it. it couldn't hurt.

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-06-11 at 21:12.

Oh...a new update:

SAN PABLO, CA, US: 06/11/2009 3:04PM, Arrival Scan

I could literally drive there in 2-3 hours...but it's still not scheduled for delivery until this coming monday (6/15)!!! AArrgghhh!!!! The pain!!!!

Oh...a new update:

SAN PABLO, CA, US: 06/11/2009 3:04PM, Arrival Scan

I could literally drive there in 2-3 hours...but it's still not scheduled for delivery until this coming monday (6/15)!!! AArrgghhh!!!! The pain!!!!
If it's at a facility only 3 hours away, maybe it will come tomorrow