Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

Currently I'm using the original Diablo version .07 of Boingo mobile on the N810. There is a .77 update on Boingo's website. Problem is it won't update; it fails and it shows up as broken in the application catalog. Whether I install it directly, or save it first and then try to install it doesn't make any difference. Then, after it fails, the Maemo automatic update icon flashes to tell me of newer software to install which is actually the older version. So, my question is does anyone know why it's failing and why the catalog hasn't been updated to the newest version? Has anyone managed to install the newest .77 version and if I'm stuck with the older version, would this affect me in any way with hotspot updates and connectivity issues using Boingo while traveling in Europe.

Thanks for any help
LTM

Last edited by callanish; 2009-06-13 at 00:27.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
I use also version 1.1.0007 and App Manager shows no update. The site of Boingo refers to a version 1.0.0077 I think is older than the version we are using.

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, it isn't any big deal. Just didn't want to be caught out with an older version that has any issues connecting to boingo in Europe. It was the following thread that made me wonder if we had an older version.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=boingo

The Following User Says Thank You to callanish For This Useful Post: